Page 76 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    i think a team would give up a first for back to back 1000 yard guy . u bet
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    U have to be willing to give up a first and 10mil a year. Most teams wouldn't be willing to spend that much on a slot guy.

All-Pro
    If he left they would have Nicks, JJ, and Randle. If he stayed and they lost Nicks it would be Cruz, JJ, and Randle. It looks like the first combination might be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    It'd be a first AND a contract for a 26 year old. It's very possible that some one will, but if the Wallace situation last season is any indication, there may be less interest than we may think there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    If he left they would have Nicks, JJ, and Randle. If he stayed and they lost Nicks it would be Cruz, JJ, and Randle. It looks like the first combination might be better.
    The first combo is def better because Cruz and JJ are both slot guys.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by ozzie0075 View Post
    The first combo is def better because Cruz and JJ are both slot guys.
    Right, so maybe that's why they are making Nicks their first priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Right, so maybe that's why they are making Nicks their first priority.
    And with Nicks being banged up perhaps its cheaper to sign him now than after next year if he has a huge season.

All-Pro
    Yup. If they stay healthy, keep Bennett, get a RT, sign Beatty, and have Eli play better his year they could be very good. Throw some speedy RB's in there, still miss Bradshaw, and this team could be unstoppable on offense.

Bench Player
    Someone might give up the first if they are closer to the back end of the first round, and feel that the addition of Cruz could put them over the top. An example: St. Louis Rams. Even though they just picked up Titus Young, adding a guy like Cruz with the second of their two first rounders would not be a terrible move. All of a sudden the WR corps would become a strength on that team with viable weapons for Bradford. Not saying it'll happen, just that it could.

The situation with Wallace is a very similar situation. An organization that doesn't overspend on free agents, an underpaid top ten receiver... Last year's free agent market for WRs was substantially stronger though. If a team has multiple needs AND multiple picks in the early rounds, it wouldn't be the worst move ever. The only other consideration in my book is whether or not a team feels they have a QB who can get him the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Either way, Nicks is more important to our team than Cruz. Don't get me wrong, I really like Cruz and it will definitely suck if he left.
    a "healthy" nicks is more important to this team,,nicks this past season will not do next season if cruz leaves.