+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It all depends on the number of similar "threads" are created in a short period of time. Posts don't get merged
    Yeah, I meants threads. I am not sure if I necessarily agree which threads do get combined together.

Anyway, one thing to get fans sour on you is if you make money an issue. Cruz hopefully does some damage control on that one, because I think people are starting to complain he's asking too much and that may not be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by AllHailEli View Post
    Yeah, I meants threads. I am not sure if I necessarily agree which threads do get combined together.

Anyway, one thing to get fans sour on you is if you make money an issue. Cruz hopefully does some damage control on that one, because I think people are starting to complain he's asking too much and that may not be the case.
    I don't get what Cruz has done to upset fans to be honest. He's entitled to ask for a pay raise. The Giants have all of the leverage, it's a process that has to play out.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I don't get what Cruz has done to upset fans to be honest. He's entitled to ask for a pay raise. The Giants have all of the leverage, it's a process that has to play out.
    I'm not upset at all, it'd just be stupid to even consider.. Barley any players are worthy of that much , let alone a guy who just was down 500yrds compared to his last season recieving, and its his only 2seasons to speak of... I mean, we didn't make the playoffs last yr with em , and locking 10mill per yr into em would be pretty silly in my opinion... Hes simply not worth it...

Who is em?

Can we afford to keep both Nicks AND Cruz?

Does everyone think that we can afford to keep 2 WR's of the caliber of both Nicks AND Cruz? I, of course, don't know what what each would be making but it'll be significant. That'll be a lot of cap space locked up in 1 QB and 2 WR's.

I'm more on the side of signing both of them, but have been thinking over the past few days that maybe we should trade one of them (assuming that we can get at least a 1st & 3rd). I believe that RR will be ready to be a # 3 or # 2 WR in '13 and maybe we can draft another WR or pick up a less expensive proven # 3 as a FA.

Anyone else agree?

They would be foolish to let either one go unless they have no choice. It's been proven in today's nfl that you need at least two big time receivers if not three. Without jacoby jones complimenting bold in and smith.. Baltimore doesn't get that ring. In my opinion, a big time receiver is the only thing keeping the niners from getting over the hump

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    They would be foolish to let either one go unless they have no choice. It's been proven in today's nfl that you need at least two big time receivers if not three. Without jacoby jones complimenting bold in and smith.. Baltimore doesn't get that ring. In my opinion, a big time receiver is the only thing keeping the niners from getting over the hump
    And the Giants didn't have there 3rd in '12 when MM left.

I'm thinking of rolling the dice that RR will be ready to be a significant contributor in '13 and picking up a less expensive (long term) than either Nicks or Cruz as our 3rd WR.

Randle is gonna be a stud and that's all the more reason to keep nicks and Cruz both. Imagine our offense with nicks Cruz and randle playing up to his potential and then hixon or Barden in the fourth spot? That would be the best foursome in the game. If we were lucky enough to also have Bennett.... 13 could be the most productive offensive season ever for the giants

It's not Cruz being selfish. It's his agent. If he was a sled ish player, he would have held out last year. He has kept it classy all the way and I think the only way he walks is of they try to severely low ball him which I don't see happening. I'm more concerned with this rumor that nicks wants to be a panther after his deal expires

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    It's not Cruz being selfish. It's his agent. If he was a sled ish player, he would have held out last year. He has kept it classy all the way and I think the only way he walks is of they try to severely low ball him which I don't see happening. I'm more concerned with this rumor that nicks wants to be a panther after his deal expires
    Isn't Cruz' agent his fiancee?

Also, do you have a link to the Panther rumors?