+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Nicks can also get "nicked" pretty easily. Some players know how to avoid getting hurt. Some players have body types susceptible to getting hurt. Nicks is the latter. Is he really good when healthy? Yes. But his best year is 1192 yards. When he learns how to stay healthy and play 16 games effectively, I'll crown him. Not until then.
    Both Nicks and Cruz give Reese leverage.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I don't have the time to read through the 92 pages of this thread, but don't sleep on the dolphins as being a team that might go hard after Cruz. A nice young QB in Tannehill and a large hispanic community down there? Cruz would be a pretty nice fit in South Beach.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    I don't have the time to read through the 92 pages of this thread, but don't sleep on the dolphins as being a team that might go hard after Cruz. A nice young QB in Tannehill and a large hispanic community down there? Cruz would be a pretty nice fit in South Beach.
    That would be awesome since their first round pick is earlier than other possible landing spots.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by moosedrool View Post
    Nicks can also get "nicked" pretty easily. Some players know how to avoid getting hurt. Some players have body types susceptible to getting hurt. Nicks is the latter. Is he really good when healthy? Yes. But his best year is 1192 yards. When he learns how to stay healthy and play 16 games effectively, I'll crown him. Not until then.
    How does Nicks' body type make him susceptible to injury? Broken toes and feet are not contact injuries, and Nicks is decent size for a WR

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/01/31/...ontract-talks/

Excerpt: "One of the New York Giants' top priorities this offseason is to come to a contractual agreement with wide receiver Victor Cruz, who is slated to become a Restricted Free Agent (RFA) in March. And although the two sides have periodically attempted to work on finalizing a new deal, they are no closer now than they were during the season when negotiations were initially tabled.

While appearing on SiriusXM NFL Radio on Thursday morning, Cruz revealed that there has been no progress, and that he and his agent are patiently waiting for the Giants to return with a counter-offer.

"We're just waiting for them to come back to us," Cruz said. “I’m not getting antsy at all … I know they have to come around at some point.” Read more...

Cruz wants big raise - Mara says no $$$$$ any time soon
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-...1RgxMAzvzQtDMD

Since the cap is tighter than a nun's privates , we are in trouble.

Cruz also not ruling out a hold out wants 10mil per.

(i think he earned a big contract playing for below 400k for 2 seasons. )

I like Cruz, but IMO he isn't worth 10 mil.
    "In Reese, We No Longer Trust"

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by nycisgreat View Post
    I like Cruz, but IMO he isn't worth 10 mil.
    I'm with you. I don't know if I'm just optimistic, but I'm really thinking they'll settle somewhere reasonable. I don't think anyone here wants to see Cruz go anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    That would be awesome since their first round pick is earlier than other possible landing spots.
    I'm with you, but could we even afford to sign two first round picks this year??

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    I'm with you, but could we even afford to sign two first round picks this year??
    With the new rookie pay scale?.....Absolutely!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Theres no way we dont keep cruz. No way. They will make a deal, you will see.

He wont get 10 mil either.

Quote Originally Posted by StrahanSoup92 View Post
    Theres no way we dont keep cruz. No way. They will make a deal, you will see.
    I really hope this is true..