+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I was nodding until ...

Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.

Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).

P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
    I disagree. I think that slot position puts the receiver in favorable positions. I mean Steve Smith had 100 catches there and now Cruz has been dominate there. Its hard for me to believe we just stumbled on two outstanding WRs.

Whoever wrote this article is reaching with Victor Cruz saying that he was a true #1 WR last season and that he might be the 3rd best WR on the Giants by 2014.
    New York Giants Superbowl XXI, XXV, XLII, XLVI Champions!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPP=BEASTMODE View Post
    Ya we will live if he does leave. What is it with players these days thinking after 2 good years they deserve all this money.
    Seems like treason to us fans. Even I fall into the pit of "b-b-b-butt he loves the Giants...doesn't he??"

In reality, just about everyone would take 15mil more dollars to play on another team, in a different city. Would you pass up over 10mil just to be seen as "loyal" to your team?

RF: Still wondering how this works. See question in my previous post

Banned
    I was nodding until ...Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
    Third had me shaking my head too. I think Hakeem Nicks is the better receiver although think Victor is a close second. The thing that hurt us a lot this year wasn't having Mario on the team to stretch defenses and we really missed him. I wonder if Harbaugh in signing MM did it as much to deracinate our offense as to improve his.Victor didn't have an average season for a WR in 2012, he had an average season for a great wide receiver.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Antwuan View Post
    Whoever wrote this article is reaching with Victor Cruz saying that he was a true #1 WR last season and that he might be the 3rd best WR on the Giants by 2014.
    "Although he’s a talented wide receiver, he proved this season that he’s not a true No. 1 wide receiver."

I think you read it wrong.

Veteran
    I was nodding until ...

Cruz is, without a doubt, the best receiver on the Giants. I have not seen anything by Nicks or RR to disprove that.

Having said that, I agree that spending on a guy who can't handle a double team limits his usefulness (and thus, his price tag).

P.S. - Then again he was doubled all year long and still broke 1k.
    Cruz has proven to be more durable, but I'd say Hakeem is the best receiver the Giants have.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboysSuck View Post
    Seems like treason to us fans. Even I fall into the pit of "b-b-b-butt he loves the Giants...doesn't he??"In reality, just about everyone would take 15mil more dollars to play on another team, in a different city. Would you pass up over 10mil just to be seen as "loyal" to your team?RF: Still wondering how this works. See question in my previous post
    That depends if it was guaranteed money or incentive based. I've seen what happens to good wr's that go to a team with a ****ty qb.

merci, Lol.

I've been spending many a weekend in my parents homeland (Quebec) lately. I even dreamed in french last night (pretty ****in weird)

Wait so, wouldnt that apply to this offseason? Say the Patriots want him and they agree to give up a 1st rounder, they can then make him an offer? So wouldnt that mean he leaves and doesnt play for us in the 2013 season? How does this "tender" thing keep Cruz here at least one more year?

Oui, but whatever offer is made by another team, the Giants can match if they elect to do so or let him go and get an additional 1st round pick. That rarely happens, but it could. A first round tender only pays $2.8M. Not matter what one thinks of Cruz, he's worth significant;y more than that. A team who needs a receiving play maker and has lots of CAP space, might just out offer the Giants.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Undoubtedly, when healthy, Nicks is the best WR on the team.

Cruz choses his fate over the coming months.

Option 1: Quick cash, short career (leaves my beloved Gmen)

Option2: Decent, long-term money and an extended, potential HOF ballot career.

Think im BS'ing you...? See: Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Jeremy Shockey, Ballard(TBD). And lets see if Mario stays as productive. History is already written for Cruz, he just decides which path to take from here on out; the choice is his.

Undoubtedly, when healthy, Nicks is the best WR on the team.Cruz choses his fate over the coming months.Option 1: Quick cash, short career (leaves my beloved Gmen)Option2: Decent, long-term money and an extended, potential HOF ballot career.Think im BS'ing you...? See: Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Jeremy Shockey, Ballard(TBD). And lets see if Mario stays as productive. History is already written for Cruz, he just decides which path to take from here on out; the choice is his.
    +1