+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DownWitJPP View Post
    I said this also yeterday and got flamed for it...I doubt we go WR in the first, but if another value player like what happened with Reuben Randle drops to us again we are going to draft him. Think about it, there is a possibility that we lose Cruz and Nicks, they both are gonna command big contracts. Even if they stay where is the depth behind them?

Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Jernigan..only receivers currently signed for next season..who is our #5 and # 6 receivers? Barden most likely will not be re-signed and Hixon also might not be re-signed even though i think he has been a good player for us. We need 1 or 2 receivers no matter what way you look at it
    I would hate to see us spend a 1st or 2nd on a WR unless he's like a Megatron or whatever.

Eli: "You actually caught a pass!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    I would hate to see us spend a 1st or 2nd on a WR unless he's like a Megatron or whatever.
    don't think there's a Megatron in the draft this year..

“I have no answer to that,” Cruz told the News when asked if he would consider a holdout.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...le-out-holdout

Quote Originally Posted by KidA View Post
    If we lost Cruz the best thing to do would be to bring in a decent free agent with some experience and a manageable price tag. Someone who's reliable but not elite.

We already have enough developing young talent at WR and we need our draft picks for LB, OL, DL, etc.
    we have 4 receivers signed today...I don't get these we have enough WR statements. We have 2 slots to fill by either drafting or re-signing Hixon and Barden or 2 FA's

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    that's a once in a generation type player...just as Jerry Rice was in his time

More posturing
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    don't think there's a Megatron in the draft this year..
    I know that lol.

we have 4 receivers signed today...I don't get these we have enough WR statements. We have 2 slots to fill by either drafting or re-signing Hixon and Barden or 2 FA's
    probally Barden & Hixon option..

that's a once in a generation type player...just as Jerry Rice was in his time
    I wasn't trying to be serious. This draft class isn't that great, was just using Megatron as an example, probably not a good example but oh well haha.
    Last edited by Rudyy; 02-01-2013 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Cruz didn't say that, John Mara said they have a year to work it out. You have the gist of RFA but 1st round draft picks are not easy to give away and Cruz would have to think long and hard about the prpospects of another team being in the playoff hunt in 2013. It makes no sense for him to go to a team who isn't well placed to be in the hunt. You can be the best receiver on the planet but if you are playing for a 3 - 13 team it's all for nothing.
    It's not all for nothing if you're making 10+ million a year. For many players its all about the money. We don't know yet if this is how Cruz is thinking but we'll soon find out.