+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknottin View Post
    Because if he put a reasonable contract on the table the giants would have kept talking. They wouldn't have agreed to disagree unless they are very far apart numbers wise.
    How do you know its not the Giants that are being unreasonable?
    How do you know ANYONE is being unreasonable?
    Point is..none of us know anything and to speculate based on nothing is silly.
    Contract negotiations are just that. .......NEGOTIATIONS. There is a process.
    Get well soon 80.

I would assume they offered him a contract similar to what Pitt offered Antonio Brown. 5 year ~$45 million.

I would expect Cruz to be asking for around $13-$15 mil a season.
    Again....Based on what...........
    Get well soon 80.

I would assume they offered him a contract similar to what Pitt offered Antonio Brown. 5 year ~$45 million.

But since this free agency will be loaded with WRs, TEs and OTs. Might be better letting these guys test FA.
    We have no indication the Giants made the first offer.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Here come the assumptionists!
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

But since this free agency will be loaded with WRs, TEs and OTs. Might be better letting these guys test FA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Again....Based on what...........
    Based on the going rate for mid-high level WRs, vs the upper level WRs.

This isn't rocket science. Giants and Cruz are obviously pretty far apart numbers wise considering they agreed to the structure of the deal a long time ago.

Reese has the upper hand in negotiations being that he can tender Cruz. But the giants would want a long term deal so won't really low ball him. They would give him a "fair" deal. Like the ones Pitt gave to Brown. Ironically, Pitt offered that same contract initially to Wallace, but Wallace turned it down because he felt he was worth more, so Pitt gave him the tag, had him play under that for the year. Then will probably let him walk.

The precedent is in place. Giants will negotiate some, but do not over pay for guys off a fair market value.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Here come the assumptionists!
    Let the guessing begin
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    We have no indication the Giants made the first offer.
    Doesn't matter who made the first offer. When the team and player "agree to disagree" on the contract and walk away from it then clearly they are not in the same ballpark when it comes to numbers.

Doesn't matter who made the first offer. When the team and player "agree to disagree" on the contract and walk away from it then clearly they are not in the same ballpark when it comes to numbers.
    You are making assumptions. Who has agreed to disagree? Who has walked away?

# 80

I'm assuming that the lion's share of the focus is on Beatty right now. I doubt Reese wants to go back to the offensive line struggles of 2011 where everyone and their grandmother had their way with Diehl. Beatty should be easier to get on a more team friendly deal this year with the OT FA class compared to Cruz being the top guy for this year's WRs.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Why would we be "surprised" at any draft pick Reese makes? He doesn't exactly make predictions easy.
    I'd be very surprised if we drafted a QB, RB, or WR
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

+ Reply to Thread