+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondring View Post
    Where were you Cruz in the games against the Bengals, Falcons and Ravens? You did nothin.
    I don't think that is all on Cruz, this is a team sport... which is the point I guess. When you spend so much money on one player there could be negative consequences to the team as a whole. Cruz is an important piece of the team, but how important is the question. Is he more important than the O-line? Is he more important than the LBs?
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't think that is all on Cruz, this is a team sport... which is the point I guess. When you spend so much money on one player there could be negative consequences to the team as a whole. Cruz is an important piece of the team, but how important is the question. Is he more important than the O-line? Is he more important than the LBs?
    Well, they won a Super Bowl by throwing the ball to Nicks and Cruz all day. The line wasn't too flash. I get what you're saying though.

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    Well, they won a Super Bowl by throwing the ball to Nicks and Cruz all day. The line wasn't too flash. I get what you're saying though.
    Agreed... but when they won the SB they were paying Cruz 1/2 Mill a year, not 10 Mill a year, and they had a defense that was playing extremely well. Cruz and Nicks weren't the only reason they won the SB, they weren't even the only WRs that helped win that SB, MM had a big part in that. I would love to see them bring back Cruz, but not if that means they can't bring back their own FA OL they desperately need just to stay "as good" as they were last year, or that one of the worst defenses in the NFL gets even worse.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    Agreed... but when they won the SB they were paying Cruz 1/2 Mill a year, not 10 Mill a year, and they had a defense that was playing extremely well. Cruz and Nicks weren't the only reason they won the SB, they weren't even the only WRs that helped win that SB, MM had a big part in that. I would love to see them bring back Cruz, but not if that means they can't bring back their own FA OL they desperately need just to stay "as good" as they were last year, or that one of the worst defenses in the NFL gets even worse.
    This is all true. I want him back in a big way but you don't build a team around wide receivers. We need to shore up the trenches and that will take money, so JR has got some juggling to do.
    No one remembers who came in second.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/02/...-isnt-reached/

Ok, so there isn't much in this article, but it looks like Cruz has stopped saying that he will never hold out. He has probably changed his tune a little in response to Mara's comments yesterday. It's all posturing.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/02/...-isnt-reached/

Ok, so there isn't much in this article, but it looks like Cruz has stopped saying that he will never hold out. He has probably changed his tune a little in response to Mara's comments yesterday. It's all posturing.
    He can hold out but he'll be damaging "brand Cruz" which seems more important to him than getting this deal done. "Brand Cruz" has value because he is seen a a likeable personality. He needs to study recent Giants history to see how quickly that likability faded for #21.

Any news out there on what hat VC will be wearing out on the town tonight?
    No one remembers who came in second.

Where were you Cruz in the games against the Bengals, Falcons and Ravens? You did nothin.
    The argument can be made that if the rest of the offense played better everybody's numbers would have been better
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The argument can be made that if the rest of the offense played better everybody's numbers would have been better
    You are right but Cruz is asking for a lot of money so should he at least have been a threat and got some positive yards and maybe a td in the games I mentioned?

It was just a matter of time until Victor's agent started running the show. Victor's only saying what he's being told to say. The bottom line is he's not worth $10 million. If another team offers him that he should take it; because they're fools. If the Giants offered him even close to that, they'd be sabotaging any chance they have of building a team for the near future. The entire league saw some pretty lackluster performances from Cruz this year; particularly when Nicks was on the field injured. In those games Cruz did next to nothing.

There will be those who say that Cruz got 1,000 yards again; but he got them like Osi gets sacks. He had a couple really big games against poor teams that padded is stats nicely. He also had some no shows when the team really needed him. I like Victor and think he compliments Nicks nicely; but he's not a top wide receiver without another top wide receiver on the field with him. The Giants need to put down a reasonable number, like maybe 6-7 million, and draw a line in the sand.

Victor is taking a huge chance by not signing this year when he's a RFA. If he comes back and holds out, or has a bad year, or gets outshined by Reuben Randle, his stock will drop badly.
    Last edited by NorwoodBlue; 02-02-2013 at 12:33 PM.

You are right but Cruz is asking for a lot of money so should he at least have been a threat and got some positive yards and maybe a td in the games I mentioned?
    And that's not all on Cruz. But if you don't think he's entitled to a decent salary because he didn't excel in a few games, that's fine.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80