Page 41 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    ok i'm done crying. lol
    Big Eric the Actor fan?
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    lol are you referring to my "problem" or putting this to bed and working on the OL/DL?
    Putting this to bed. We all have problems and the confessional is closed at the moment.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by NorwoodBlue View Post
    Brand Cruz could easily become brand Snooze without Eli and Nicks. He's got to be aware that his "brand" value drops dramatically if he goes somewhere else and fizzles. I take his bravado in demanding big bucks from the Giants as a sign that his agent's phone isn't exactly ringing off the hook with top dollar offers from other teams. It sounds way to much like a bluff to me. The salary cap is real for everyone, not just the Giants.
    His agent's phone can't start ringing until March 12th. There are several teams with significant CAP space
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Giants prioritize Hakeem Nicks' deal

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...iority-sources

Interesting. This is feeling more and more like the Steelers situation last offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post

Interesting. This is feeling more and more like the Steelers situation last offseason.
    Yes, indeed it is. Although, if they cannot reac an agreement with Cruz I can see him being tendered. I do not see the Giants slapping Cruz with the franchize tag.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEnigma View Post

Inteesting and appropriate that Nicks is our first priority at WR.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Inteesting and appropriate that Nicks is our first priority at WR.
    agreed

All-Pro
    Considering that Nicks contract next year would likely use the Cruz contract as a starting point, this makes sense. Lock up Nicks now, maybe use the new contract to clear up some space and use that to try to sign Cruz. In the end, if you have to choose one or the other, I think Nicks is the right choice, as much as I would like to see them retain both.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

wow, heres a curveball situation i kinda just thought of; could it be possible and make more sense fiscally to actually get nicks deal done now, and then cruz's next season/offseason???

As I have been saying, Nicks is more valuable to this offense than the slot guy is.

Slot guys are almost plug and play in this system and you can get a 900+ yard guy.

The outside receiver that forces double teams and STILL gets open? Incredibly hard to find.
    Last edited by slipknottin; 02-03-2013 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread