+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 935

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Boldin has missed an average of 1.9 games/year in his 10 year career.
    Nicks has missed an average of 2.25 games/year in his 4 years.
    Not exactly a huge difference.
    And quite honestly, Nicks is better.
    Well, let's see if Nicks will last 10 years in the NFL.

  2. #602
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    If it's so easy, then wouldn't every team have an elite slot receiver?
    Because there aren't enough "elite" slot receivers, but don't tell me that there are scarce "good" slot receivers. You can't overload on "elite" players. Otherwise, the league would be ******ed and a few teams would be "elite".
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

  3. #603
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Because there aren't enough "elite" slot receivers, but don't tell me that there are scarce "good" slot receivers. You can't overload on "elite" players. Otherwise, the league would be ******ed and a few teams would be "elite".
    It's not about overloading on elite players. It's about having the best player(s) on your team, your chances of winning are even greater.

    And I agree with your first point
    Uh..go Giants?

  4. #604
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    It's not about overloading on elite players. It's about having the best player(s) on your team, your chances of winning are even greater.

    And I agree with your first point
    Well of course, but how difficult is it to get the best players around your whole team? There always has to be some sort of spread. You can't pay high prices to 2 of your wide receivers when you have other payments to make, you know? It's a number game. Hey, Jernigan can fill the slot receiver spot and do well.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

  5. #605
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    Well of course, but how difficult is it to get the best players around your whole team? There always has to be some sort of spread. You can't pay high prices to 2 of your wide receivers when you have other payments to make, you know? It's a number game. Hey, Jernigan can fill the slot receiver spot and do well.
    How do you know he will do well? Because he plays the same position as Cruz?

    I know it's most likely going to come down to one or the other. We have 22 other players to deal with. I just don't get this notion that someone else will pick off where Cruz left off, or he will do just as good.
    Uh..go Giants?

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    And this is where you're wrong. Reese's job is to find talent and find value. When a player far exceeds his value, he's no longer worth keeping on the team. Keeping talent gets you nowhere but salary cap hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That doesn't make sense.
    I meant when a player's cost exceeds his value. i.e. if he's over paid. So in this if we re-sign Cruz to say 12 million, (i know an exaggeration), he's not worht keeping.

  7. #607
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How do you know he will do well? Because he plays the same position as Cruz?

    I know it's most likely going to come down to one or the other. We have 22 other players to deal with. I just don't get this notion that someone else will pick off where Cruz left off, or he will do just as good.
    If he has the mindset, he very well can. He has the speed and athleticism to easily become that slot receiver.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

  8. #608
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    How do you know he will do well? Because he plays the same position as Cruz?

    I know it's most likely going to come down to one or the other. We have 22 other players to deal with. I just don't get this notion that someone else will pick off where Cruz left off, or he will do just as good.
    Might do better than Cruz. He didn't do good in none of the 3 games the Giants need him most where they lost. Cruz is not that good and the other players helped him out. He has to pay those players so his ten to 15 mil has to be spend on his teammates.

  9. #609
    All-Pro Rudyy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    26,372
    Quote Originally Posted by Moke View Post
    If he has the mindset, he very well can. He has the speed and athleticism to easily become that slot receiver.
    Yep
    Uh..go Giants?

  10. #610
    All-Pro Moke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    11,905
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    Yep
    It's not like it's a big "if". With a good coaching staff that we all preach, it shouldn't be hard for a size like Jernigan to become good in the slot.
    Sportswrath.com for football talk and giants talk

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts