+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    You are wasting your time selling Hakeem Nicks to me. I already think he's great. The poster who mentioned him as a "big receiver" suggested more than that he "plays big". He simply suggested that he "is" big.
    As I said, he's not small at all, but he's not especially big either. Its really no big deal.
    It's ironic how Cruz plays " big " too as the Y or Z wr. Jokes aside there's no question how important is Nicks as the X wr. on the team. The Giants are fortunate they replaced Plaxico in a heart beat with Hakeem and surely enough they intend to keep him for a long time.

Giants have leverage on both receivers. Cruz is an RFA and Nicks is coming off a bad season filled with injuries. Giants understand this and will hope to lock them both up this off season. Nicks is bigger and can stretch the field more. Cruz relies on Nicks dominance for his production, perfect example of this is his disappearance in the final few games when we needed him most. Teams saw Nicks was hurt and wouldn't be a factor, so they doubled down on Cruz and he didn't see production.

I'll take Nicks over Cruz any day of the week, but obviously I hope they can keep both. Giants have the leverage and I think they will lock them both up. Worst comes to worst we get a first round pick for Cruz haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TuckandRolle View Post
    Giants have leverage on both receivers. Cruz is an RFA and Nicks is coming off a bad season filled with injuries. Giants understand this and will hope to lock them both up this off season. Nicks is bigger and can stretch the field more. Cruz relies on Nicks dominance for his production, perfect example of this is his disappearance in the final few games when we needed him most. Teams saw Nicks was hurt and wouldn't be a factor, so they doubled down on Cruz and he didn't see production.

I'll take Nicks over Cruz any day of the week, but obviously I hope they can keep both. Giants have the leverage and I think they will lock them both up. Worst comes to worst we get a first round pick for Cruz haha.
    Also it was no coincidence that Cruz' best game was when he had 175 yards in Tampa, on the same day Nicks beasted for 199 and basically took over the game.

Don't get me wrong Cruz still had a decent year without a healthy Nicks, but he is much more of a threat when Nicks is 100%. But, I guess that can be said about any WR tandem. When both are 100%, they are much more dangerous.

Is Cruz being a TEAM player?

I know I know , it's a business he wants his money and he deserves money

But asking for Fitzgerald money? I believe he is one notch under that... Give me another 1,000 yard season or simply he could just of had less drops this season and I would not have cared.... I am not bashing Cruz at all... He is one of my favorites along with Eli, Nicks, Bradshaw and KP..... But asking for an arm and a leg can hurt his team (Boley, Nicks and KP) I know he has to think of himself... But he shouldnt forget why he is in the situation hes in.. is because the Giants are the only team that gave him a chance and he has a ring ...All that being said I hope he stays , even if it does cost an arm and a leg ...hes worth it.... But Nicks is just as important...

GO GIANTS AND CRUZ!!!
    Last edited by KillaRich; 02-05-2013 at 07:08 PM.

? Can someone sum up the 65 pages? Is this a Nicks vs. Cruz thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    I know I know , it's a business he wants his money and he deserves money

But asking for Fitzgerald money? I believe he is one notch under that... Give me another 1,000 yard season or simply he could just of had less drops this season and I would not have cared.... I am not bashing Cruz at all... He is one of my favorites along with Eli, Nicks, Bradshaw and KP..... But asking for an arm and a leg can hurt his team (Boley, Nicks and KP) I know he has to think of himself... But he shouldnt forget why he is in the situation hes in.. is because the Giants are the only team that gave him a chance and he has a ring ...All that being said I hope he stays , even if it does cost an arm and a leg ...hes worth it.... But Nicks is just as important...

GO GIANTS AND CRUZ!

First, we don't know what he's asking for other than John Mara said "too much." So let's go with he's asking for too much, hardly a surprise. Second, this "we were the only team" is not accurate. We found him in the weeds and gave him a shot. After his first pre-season, teams were licking their chops hoping the Giants would release him, which they almost did except for someone in the FO nixing any release.

Then we had "hamstringgate" where Cruz was coming back from a minor hamstring injury and Tynes hurt his ankle. Rather than subject Cruz to waivers (which he would have not cleared), they lied and placed him on IR. That didn't pass the smell test so the N FL made the team hire an independent medical professional to certify Cruz needed to be on season ending IR. They got away with it.

The Giants obviously gave him a chance, but they weren't wearing his pads and cleats when he took the NFL by storm. The team has benefited far more by having Cruz than Cruz has (contractually speaking) from being on the team.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    ? Can someone sum up the 65 pages? Is this a Nicks vs. Cruz thing?
    They've become intertwined
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Where has it been stated that he's asking for Fitz money?

He didn't even say what he wants, where did he say he wants Fitzgerald money?

MUCH better.

I think Cruz is still waiting for the Giants to make him an offer. He is a team player just for playing just as hard and not complaining about his low salary for 2012.

+ Reply to Thread