+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

the price is the price.

was the FO being team players when they cut boley? players have to be paid when they have a chance. look at TT. he'll never get a big contract. he signed a one year deal to prove he could come back from his 2nd knee injury only to get a 3rd.

to think that cruz couldn't get $10 mill/yr from another team is not understanding his market value in a league where some teams can't find a receiver to save their lives.

i don't blame cruz one bit for trying to get paid. he's either worth it for us or he's not.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    the price is the price.

was the FO being team players when they cut boley? players have to be paid when they have a chance. look at TT. he'll never get a big contract. he signed a one year deal to prove he could come back from his 2nd knee injury only to get a 3rd.

to think that cruz couldn't get $10 mill/yr from another team is not understanding his market value in a league where some teams can't find a receiver to save their lives.

i don't blame cruz one bit for trying to get paid. he's either worth it for us or he's not.

+1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    You think that's easy... I want to draft Lane Johnson... Also if it weren't a cap hell situation I would cut Baas and draft a C in round 2.

Call me old school but for me it all starts with the lines. Give Eli time to throw and he will make anyone look like an all-pro. Look at what he did in the pro bowl with just that extra second to throw. Look at what he can do with BARDEN THE TERRIBLE in carolina.
    You can do the next best thing in round 2. Draft C/G Travis Frederick and plug him in at LG, next year if Baas goes or gets cut move him to the Center spot. He is a mean SOB, a true mauler.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN_G-FAN View Post
    the price is the price.

Cruz should make as much as possible. He needs to factor in how much playing in the NYC market helps his after football life. That's up to him to figure out.

We on the other hand have to run a football team and spread the allowable salary cap money in a way that gives us the best chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

Sometimes these priorities work nicely together and sometimes they don't. When that happens, the player winds up elsewhere. It's just business and I care more about winning championships than I do for signing Cruz. I want him here but in the end it may not be possible.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Bench Player
    Cruz isn't worth $10Million a year. I think in terms of marketability Cruz should look to stay a Giant. I just don't see a deal being done with our cap space at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by KevRDK View Post
    Cruz isn't worth $10Million a year. I think in terms of marketability Cruz should look to stay a Giant. I just don't see a deal being done with our cap space at the moment.
    We don't decide what Cruz is worth. The market decides what he is worth. All we decide is what we are willing to pay for his skills.

Welcome to the boards!
    No one remembers who came in second.

Banned
    The trick is the Giants want Nicks AND Cruz.....Nicks had a terrible year of injuries, etc......they will extend him first...then they will move to Cruz......this is the Giants...they WILL NOT pay him $10M per year....but he will sign...get a big bonus, which he truly deserves....and the Giants will hone in on offensive line and linebackers.......there will be a lot of longtime Giants let go on defense......they have to

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    +1
    +2

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    Cruz should make as much as possible. He needs to factor in how much playing in the NYC market helps his after football life. That's up to him to figure out.

We on the other hand have to run a football team and spread the allowable salary cap money in a way that gives us the best chance to get back to the Super Bowl.

Sometimes these priorities work nicely together and sometimes they don't. When that happens, the player winds up elsewhere. It's just business and I care more about winning championships than I do for signing Cruz. I want him here but in the end it may not be possible.
    It will depend on how much CAP they can salvage now and project over the next 4 - 5 years. Cutting Boley was a signal they are willing to release veterans. If they do that enough, they may be able to take care of Nicks and Cruz, with Cruz having a more back loaded contract than might otherwise be the case. While not ideal from a player's point of view, it can be made to work with a decent guarantee.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    He didn't even say what he wants, where did he say he wants Fitzgerald money?
    We're still grasping at straws. What we do know is John Mara said it was "too much, right now." We all assumed "right now" was a reference to the Cruz camp coming down in their expectations, whcih is still probably the case. But it could also mean the team doesn't yet have the CAP space, which they are now working on. Cutting Boley would almost bring them to even I think.

+ Reply to Thread