+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    +1

Re: Cruz. He's a restricted free agent, so teams aren't going to overpay for him, and give the Giants a high draft pick as well.

Cruz has a ton of talent, but we've also seen what happens to guys who no longer have Eli Manning throwing to them. Steve Smith and Manningham are good examples.
    I still think that slot position in our offense makes these receivers as much as the receivers make that position, if not more

Victor will get his tender offer. Nobody would give up a first and sign him to a huge deal as a slot guy.

After next year the giants may lose him. But this year there is really no way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    +1Re: Cruz. He's a restricted free agent, so teams aren't going to overpay for him, and give the Giants a high draft pick as well. Cruz has a ton of talent, but we've also seen what happens to guys who no longer have Eli Manning throwing to them. Steve Smith and Manningham are good examples.
    I think we missed Mario Manningham more than he missed us.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffyBlueII View Post
    I think we missed Mario Manningham more than he missed us.
    +1. but only because we really didn't have Nicks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    JJ was our designated future at slot WR until Cruz came along... something to keep in mind. Also, I can tell the team would like to use him more as a WR, since towards the end of the season I was seeing 4 WR sets, with Jernigan lining up opposite Cruz.
    +1

No your not the only one, Rudyy has made about 17 threads about it

NO YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE, THERE HAVE BEEN MANY THREADS ON IT. I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT

Veteran
    I think he's playing with fire. A good reason on why he's been so marketable has been his personality that has been extremely likeable. If he starts going down the route of the primma donna gimme all the money in the world type of stereotypical receiver he can run the risk of doing serious damage to his "brand". I have already started to think about him in a different way than I used to. I thought he wasnt this type of guy and he's showing me at least that he's just like all the other spoiled athletes out there who seem to ignore the fact that it's a team sport and theres a salary cap.

Quote Originally Posted by bg79 View Post
    I think he's playing with fire. A good reason on why he's been so marketable has been his personality that has been extremely likeable. If he starts going down the route of the primma donna gimme all the money in the world type of stereotypical receiver he can run the risk of doing serious damage to his "brand". I have already started to think about him in a different way than I used to. I thought he wasnt this type of guy and he's showing me at least that he's just like all the other spoiled athletes out there who seem to ignore the fact that it's a team sport and theres a salary cap.
    I'm not so sure... he still seems to be a down to earth person. He already said he's not going to hold out no matter what his contract situation is, and in fact he lets his agent do all the contract talking and is hands off. Cruz himself didn't say he wanted the 10 mil, that was his agent talking.

Methinks he could use a new agent.

Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    +1. but only because we really didn't have Nicks this year.
    Amen on this. I'm perfectly fine with Nicks and Randle as our outside receivers next season. Also Manningham got an ACL injury... best wishes to him, but you never know with those sorts of injuries if the player will return to form.