+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U cant pay a slot receiver 10 million no matter how explosive he is. Draft Stedman Bailey from WV he will give the Giants similar production on a rookie deal. I think they can almost plug and play a slot receiver in this offense.
    You can't say that about a rookie with any amount of certainty and we've proven that often enough. If slot receivers like Cruz were all that plentiful, every team would have one. He will be here in 2013, most likely, after that, who knows?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    I think so. Should put a stop to duplicates immediately
    Here's the problem with that, EVERYONE believes THEIR thread is the newest and most important piece of information since we split the atom
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmenfan0488 View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ch-from-giants

with this news, plus with news of the FO favoring Nicks, Cruz is almost guaranteed to not be a Giant. This may kill our offense. Nicks has already said he wants to play for the Carolina Panthers after his contract's up here. So it's looking more and more likely neither Cruz nor Nicks is a Giant in 2014
    Do you have a link to support the Nicks wanting to play for Carolina statement?

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    You can't say that about a rookie with any amount of certainty and we've proven that often enough. If slot receivers like Cruz were all that plentiful, every team would have one. He will be here in 2013, most likely, after that, who knows?
    His point is, the unceartinty is worth not having to pay a guy 10million a yr in a sport where 10million a yr is for the biggest of big guns.. Very few should get that kinda coin.. Also its a sport guys like Victor Cruz come outta nowhere and make teams who pay 10millin per guy look stupid, way to often..

Look at the WR's in this league.. Theres just tons of em that simply got a chance and prooved they are nasty, and if they didn't get a chance due to a guy leaving because of money or a injury, you would never even know they were good..

I'm Victors biggest fan, as i called it the 2nd we got em as a UDF a guy to watch out for, and made a thread on these very boards the day of the Jets preseason game titled "victor cruz gonna break out big vs jets!".. I'm a W.MASS guy, so knew about em before most.. Either way, that would simply be a stupid contract to give a WR whos numbers dropped last yr...

All-Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Here's the problem with that, EVERYONE believes THEIR thread is the newest and most important piece of information since we split the atom
    Yeah, but some threads are different and they are being combined anyway.

Cruz is explosive when he's on, and he's made big plays, but he's also had plenty of killer dropped passes, which top receivers in the NFL just don't commit.
    He fancies himself a top receiver, but he's really nothing more than very good!
    A healthy Nicks is ten times better than Cruz, and I think the Giants are acknowledging as much by making the injured Nicks contract a bigger priority than that of the healthy Cruz.

I miss those wonderful days where we would have 6 threads going at the same time on the same topic. I could deal with that.
    This new fancy shmancy policy of combining threads is far too confusing to my old, tired brain.

I am officially lodging a protest!!!

Morehead has spoken.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Banned
    I agree that we can't spend 10mil on Cruz. Look at our defense, even if we draft defense heavy we still have major holes that have to be filled immediately. Plus, we need an OT as well, two if Beatty is gone and we could use a replacement for Boothe. We can not fill all of these holes through the draft. Someone posted a link awhile back that I'm trying to find, it had the offense mirroring the defense and showed how much money each player made by position and also ranked the spending from 1-32 to compare to the rest of the league. IIRC our spending was 8th on offense and in the mid 20s on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I miss those wonderful days where we would have 6 threads going at the same time on the same topic. I could deal with that.
    This new fancy shmancy policy of combining threads is far too confusing to my old, tired brain.

I am officially lodging a protest!!!

Morehead has spoken.
    Boy do i ever agree with you on that! My eye strain and migraines have increased in direct proportion to these threads being combined.
    If you start a petition, I'll gladly sign it!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Boy do i ever agree with you on that! My eye strain and migraines have increased in direct proportion to these threads being combined.
    If you start a petition, I'll gladly sign it!
    Yeah...Trying to figure out who said what, and in response to who is giving me a headache.

How can anyone have a good old fashioned MB fight when the posts are all over the place?

I cry foul!
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread