+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 94 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: We're not keeping Cruz, no way.

I don't have the link. Someone mentioned it on here yesterday. Hopefully a rumor is all it is

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    I don't have the link. Someone mentioned it on here yesterday. Hopefully a rumor is all it is
    Nothing about it on the first 4 pages of several google searches. I'm going to call shenanigans on it. He probably remembered Nicks saying he wanted to play in Carolina (in reference to the game we played there in Week 3) and thought he meant that he wanted to play for Carolina.

Randle is gonna be a stud and that's all the more reason to keep nicks and Cruz both. Imagine our offense with nicks Cruz and randle playing up to his potential and then hixon or Barden in the fourth spot? That would be the best foursome in the game. If we were lucky enough to also have Bennett.... 13 could be the most productive offensive season ever for the giants
    That is right. I don't care what people say. One poster said to me that most teams do good with one star wr. I don't go by that cause that is not good and is not true. More talant is what the team needs and that talent has different levels on each team. Some have more talent at a high level and that is what we need inorder to succeed.

I love Cruz but if he wants too much money, he has to understand that other good receivers helped him get his extra yards. If you look at all of the plays or most of them when the offense pass, look at how many defenders be around Cruz. Less defenders and he has a lot of room to move about. I have seen a lot of receivers in my time catch the ball then try to run after the catch. There be too many defenders around him and he can't get around them. That is experience you keep in your head especially when it happens majority of the time and happened to even the best players. More talented receivers we have, and Eli has more choices.

Why would I lie about that? It wasn't a thread, it was a comment someone made on one of the 25 conversations started about Cruz. Like I said, hopefully it's just a rumor. I wasn't trying to lend any credibility to what I read, I was merely stating that I hope what I read wasn't true

Why would I lie about that? It wasn't a thread, it was a comment someone made on one of the 25 conversations started about Cruz. Like I said, hopefully it's just a rumor. I wasn't trying to lend any credibility to what I read, I was merely stating that I hope what I read wasn't true
    I was saying the person who originally stated it was mistaken, not you. I just hadn't seen that post in all the merges, that's why I asked if you had the link. And as I said, I tried several different keyword searches on google and it turned up nothing, so I'm sure the OP just got confused.

Bench Player
    Im confused.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm not upset at all, it'd just be stupid to even consider.. Barley any players are worthy of that much , let alone a guy who just was down 500yrds compared to his last season recieving, and its his only 2seasons to speak of... I mean, we didn't make the playoffs last yr with em , and locking 10mill per yr into em would be pretty silly in my opinion... Hes simply not worth it...
    You have to admit it was kind of silly to expect Cruz to duplicate the numbers he had the year prior. You are comparing a season where you had a slew of 5000 yard passers to a season where there was one 5000 yard passer in Brees (which is the norm and not the exception)and a few that got close. I still say the 2011 season was a product of the lockout and defenses coming late to the season. Back to Cruz though, he still had an impressive season with a good YAC, number of yards and even touchdowns.

Now I agree that $10 million dollars would be a hefty price to pay and think the Giants may not even entertain something that high. But, Cruz has become an integral part of the team and deserves some compensation.

Yup. Cut Diehl and Webster. Save about 13-14 mil and help create contracts. And resign who else we need.(
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

Veteran
    No way they tie up that much cap space for 2 WRs. They clearly have targeted Nicks and will tender Cruz who will probably start to make some noise in the media after being underpaid for 3 years. Question is whether a team like Miami will Cruz his money and surrender a #1. Mara publicly talking about Cruz was for the purpose of preparing the fan base for his eventual departure.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    I'm not upset at all, it'd just be stupid to even consider.. Barley any players are worthy of that much , let alone a guy who just was down 500yrds compared to his last season recieving, and its his only 2seasons to speak of... I mean, we didn't make the playoffs last yr with em , and locking 10mill per yr into em would be pretty silly in my opinion... Hes simply not worth it...
    Can you prove he is asking for $10M?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread