+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

Warren was the quintessential 3 tech.......all decade 3 tech
    awesome player and monumental in the success of that Tampa team

Warren absolutely deserves the honor

Stra will get in
    Last edited by YATittle1962; 02-08-2013 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    I totally disagree. Sapp doesn't even fit the mold for a prototypical 3-tech due to his freaky athleticism. It would be like trying to train running backs by having them emulate Adrian Petersen.

Strahan is the epitome of what you want a 4-3 strong side DE to be.

And Ogden was an OT of one of the worst offenses in the NFL during his time (not to mention a primarily run-oriented offense). He was a very good OT but not on the par *at his position* that Strahan was at his.
    What are u talking about im not saying try to emulate him. When they compare great under tackles he is the 1 everyone gets compared to..On draft day when they talk about 3 techs listen to the name they will give in looking for the next great 1. When they talk about DE's they dont say looking for the next great Strongside end Michael Strahan but they do with Sapp and 3 techs

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    Warren was the quintessential 3 tech.......all decade 3 tech
    awesome player and monumental in the success of that Tampa team

Warren absolutely deserves the honor

Stra will get in
    Strahan i think should of got in first ballot 2 but I knew it was borderline. I think Sapp at the top of his game was a better player then Strahan.He gets in next ballot no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    What are u talking about im not saying try to emulate him. When they compare great under tackles he is the 1 everyone gets compared to..On draft day when they talk about 3 techs listen to the name they will give in looking for the next great 1. When they talk about DE's they dont say looking for the next great Strongside end Michael Strahan but they do with Sapp and 3 techs
    Oh sorry I misunderstood you.

Eh ... not a great argument. I don't hear draft prospects compared to Reggie White either but I do hear players compared to Justin Tuck. Obviously one doesn't compare to the other.

That's not the measuring stick I'd use.

I'm not surprised one bit about this comment from Sapp, quite frankly I thought he would have said something on the day the HOF inductees was announced. This guy is complete garbage off the field, and I'm being generous. I lived in the Tampa area for a few years (born & raised in NY) and the stories I heard from well respected business men and long time residents would make you see who the real Sapp is. I can name numerous well known restaurants that Sapp is banned from, I can recall a good amount of long time Buc fans that appreciate the player he was on the field, but had no respect for the person he was off it.

Ill give you the gist of what his HOF speech will be.

"I like to thank Tony Dungy for every thing he has done for me, and most importantly I would like to thank myself."

Giants fan since the early 80s

And just to add to this, John Randle (arguably THE best DT in NFL history) was passed up TWICE for the HoF.

You think Warren Sapp deserves a first ballot nod over John Randle?!

Oh sorry I misunderstood you.

Eh ... not a great argument. I don't hear draft prospects compared to Reggie White either but I do hear players compared to Justin Tuck. Obviously one doesn't compare to the other.

That's not the measuring stick I'd use.
    Sapp is synonymous with the term 3 tech no other player gets that kind of recognition. Completely different from comparing A to B.

And just to add to this, John Randle (arguably THE best DT in NFL history) was passed up TWICE for the HoF.

You think Warren Sapp deserves a first ballot nod over John Randle?!
    No but I dont think Strahan deserves it over Sapp either. Randle is better than Strahan 2

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    No but I dont think Strahan deserves it over Sapp either
    We'll agree to disagree then (picking nits at this point anyways).

I think Strahan deserved the nod over Ogden and Sapp (and arguably Parcels although I think coaches/owners need their own category). But all mentioned definitely deserve enshrinement (I think we all agree on that).

Plus I fully admit to both being a homer for Strahan and not being a big fan of fat head.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    So, you have talked to Strahan and Favre and they have confirmed that it was a "staged" sack? What about all the sacks that lead up to that one? I lost respect for Sapp when he shoved the Packers coach when leaving the field..... Not to mention he is a blow hard.

Strahan will always be the better player in my humble opinion.....
    We can argue as the whether or not it was staged. (I personally think it obviously was) but it really doesn't matter. The PERCEPTION was that it was staged by the media and I'm sure that it worked against Strahan in the HOF voting this year.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread