+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    I had forgotten all about that play.... but your absoutely right.
    Never had any respect for him.

I love you guys. He gets in and Strahan doesn't and now he's one step above Satan.

Calm down everyone.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
    BS. Bucs fan over here. So him being on one of the best defenses ever had nothing to do with it? He wasn't even the best player on his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    BS. Bucs fan over here. So him being on one of the best defenses ever had nothing to do with it? He wasn't even the best player on his own team.
    The voice of reason, FINALLY!

http://www.bigblueview.com/2013/2/8/...l-hall-of-fame

strahan and sapp having words on twitter. read all the way to the bottom..Sapp is bum and shows no class

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    Thats your opinion the Hall of Fame voters happen to agree with me. I think Sapps presence ,his 16.5 sacks as a DT probably was a big reason why the Defense was so good.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-08-2013 at 12:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I love you guys. He gets in and Strahan doesn't and now he's one step above Satan.

Calm down everyone.
    Not Satan but not a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats your opinion the Hall of Fame voters happen to agree with me. I think Sapps presence ,his 16.5 sacks as a DT probably was a big reason why the Defense was so good.
    I remember when Strahan was the best D-line player getting double digit sacks while being held by 3 O-linemen and he didn't get in, something is wrong with those stupid voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I personally like Sapp a lot. But I would say the Strahan/Sapp argument has good points to be made on both sides.

Having said that.......

......I truly believe however that the fake sack record and the way it was gotten, had a direct impact on the HOF voting this year. Obviously Strahan is a Hall of Fame quality player and will definitely get in, probably next year.
    But if you guys don't think that fiasco with Favre didn't have an impact with some voters, you're kidding yourselves.
    The problem with this theory (and I am actually on your side) is that it doesn't take into account what the voters may have thought about Sapp, and what impact it had on the voting for Sapp.

I totally agree with the idea that record may stick in some voters minds, but I have to think that Sapp has far, far more negatives that would get him eliminated first.

So at least in this vote, I eliminate it as a factor.,

I believe that Sapp has a fairly unique factor: ask 100 people that know the phrase "3 technique" who had the biggest impact on the position, most will say Sapp.
    Ask the same 100 about the DE position, and...well, I loved the guy, but he ain't gonna be considered THE GUY by many.
    This space for rent

taking it to twitter makes Michael classy ?

+ Reply to Thread