+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I am only saying that I would be surprised if many voters held it against him....because the play WAS bogus. It may or may not been of his doing, but that's secondary in the view of some.
    My personal belief is Strahan did not know Favre was going to do that. Strahan went full force and you can see his face behind the facemask looking pretty surprised Favre was right there sliding down right in front of him.

Favre gave it to Strahan without Strahan knowing about it.
    And I also never said Strahan wasnt a gret DE...all his other sacks are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
    I disagree. If you account for how Strahan played the run, Stray was more dominant during his prime. Strahan was the second best defensive end I've seen ever next to Reggie White, and arguably the best versus the run. Sapp got his chance at DE with the Raiders and couldn't do squat against the more athletic tackles.

It's all good. Strahan's post-NFL career is so successful, it takes the blunt of this snub. The guy is all over TV, I have never seen anyone more successful transcending I even saw him on MTV hosting. Sapp, otoh, had to deal with bankruptcy. Hopefully, Strahan will make it next year.

tthe Fravre sack was ONE sack. Strahan gets to the HOF with or without it....

it really doesnt matter
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    tthe Fravre sack was ONE sack. Strahan gets to the HOF with or without it....

it really doesnt matter
    I guarantee that it does to some voters.
    Get well soon 80.

I also think it affected some voters. I also wouldn't be surprised if the NFL actually mentioned to Farve how much they would love to have Gasteneu out of the record books. But that just may be the conspiritor in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harooni View Post
    sapp shouldnt make it at all imo. over rated.
    +1... Ah the heck with it. +1,000,000. Lol
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

I do think Sapp is a Hall of Famer but not a first ballot guy. Here are the negatives on his career he was not the best player on that defense, his peak was short and he was done by 2007, and he was a dirty player. If I was a voter those would all be my negatives on the guy. Compare that to Strahan who was the best player on his team, who was able to be an effective player his entire career, and who didn't have a Lynch or Derrick Brooks for most of his career.

Sapp can't even accept getting to the Hall with class he needed to take a shot at Strahan.

Veteran
    And yet Sapp gets in? One of the dirtiest players ever? How does that not affect the voters? Sapp had a huge relationship with Favre. If these voters are so paranoid then why aren't they thinking about the possibility of Favre letting sapp get sacks since they're so paranoid about Strahan.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
    I think that they're basically both great players, but I'll give the nod to Sapp because he was getting to the QB as a DT. Don't know why he's going after Strahan, though. Sounds like a jerk.

+ Reply to Thread