+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

There are two Sapps. There is the great player Sapp and their is the Sapp that likes to put his foot in his mouth. Appreciate the one but hate the other. Remember during Bounty Gate when he out of nowhere accused Shockey of being the one who ratted his teammates out and eventually had to recant. Also, I believe he has received disciplinary action at NFLN in the past for his half ****ed rants.

It's an LT type thing. Great player, confused human being.

And, phantom sack or whatever you want to call it you have to take it for what it was...still a sack that added to Strahan's total. He still holds the record.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    We can argue as the whether or not it was staged. (I personally think it obviously was) but it really doesn't matter. The PERCEPTION was that it was staged by the media and I'm sure that it worked against Strahan in the HOF voting this year.
    If you ask me, writers make up an awful lot of arbitrary rules for induction on their own that should have nothing to do with the selection process!
    If what you believe their perception of Strahan's record to be is true, then Strahan may never be voted in. He's retired, so he's not gonna be any better or more deserving next year, or the next TEN years if they truly think his record setting sack was pre planned.
    And there in lies the problem with this theory. They can't prove that the sack was staged, or fixed or whatever.....so how can they keep him out for something they have no solid proof of?
    They're not allowed to cast aspersions on someone and keep them out of the HOF without proof of wrong doing.
    They're like pukey little hall monitors in grammar school who have some power for 45 minutes of their pathetic little lives, and let it go straight to their pointy heads.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 02-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Alas there will clearly be a food shortage in Canton now that Sapp is there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    If you ask me, writers make up an awful lot of arbitrary rules for induction on their own that should have nothing to do with the selection process!
    If what you believe their perception of Strahan's record to be is true, then Strahan may never be voted in. He's retired, so he's not gonna be any better or more deserving next year, or the next TEN years if they truly think his record setting sack was pre planned.
    And there in lies the problem with this theory. They can't prove that the sack was staged, or fixed or whatever.....so how can they keep him out for something they have no solid proof of?
    They're not allowed to cast aspersions on someone and keep them out of the HOF without proof of wrong doing.
    They're like pukey little hall monitors in grammar school who have some power for 45 minutes of their pathetic little lives, and let it go straight to their pointy heads.
    No one thinks it was set up, the issue is when itis brought up during "deliberation" that he has this particular record someone can always say "yeah, but that last sack was a falldown by the walking retired." it will be less of a factor when he comes up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is the gold standard for a 3 tech .He definitely deserves to be in. Sapp was more dominate at his position at his peak than Strahan was at his. I dont get why he is attacking Strahan but he was truly dominate. I think its close but the main difference I see is 1 guy is the comparison to which other great players are measured 2 at his position and Strahan isnt.
    I agree with you. He was, in his prime, a more dominant player.

But, his prime was very short. I cannot discount the 2nd half of his career where he was not at all a dominant force and was actually a liability. Strahan was more consistently dominant throughout his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSanta View Post
    I agree with you. He was, in his prime, a more dominant player.

But, his prime was very short. I cannot discount the 2nd half of his career where he was not at all a dominant force and was actually a liability. Strahan was more consistently dominant throughout his career.
    He was misused/out of position in Oakland as a 5tech

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat_bastich View Post
    There are two Sapps. There is the great player Sapp and their is the Sapp that likes to put his foot in his mouth. Appreciate the one but hate the other. Remember during Bounty Gate when he out of nowhere accused Shockey of being the one who ratted his teammates out and eventually had to recant. Also, I believe he has received disciplinary action at NFLN in the past for his half ****ed rants.

It's an LT type thing. Great player, confused human being.

And, phantom sack or whatever you want to call it you have to take it for what it was...still a sack that added to Strahan's total. He still holds the record.
    The phantom sack being given up early doesn’t mean that if it wasn’t given up, Stray wouldn’t’ve been pushing harder and got it later on in the game anyway.

LT has his issues but he is head and shoulders a better human being that a piece of human detritus like Warren Sapp. Also, LT never threw anyone under the bus the was Fathead Sapp did when he falsely accussed Shockey.

I really think that although Stray still loves having the sack record that its importance went down a notch or two as soon as he won SuperBowl with NY Giants.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Unfortunately it is the hall they vote on and they enforce the rules. Heck, baseball HOF is even more odd, Jimmie Foxx, Joe Dimaggio and Cy Young just to name a few of the all time greats didnít make it in on first ballot.

Starter
    Sapp is a Sapp as far as I'm concerned. They should have given him a scholarship to clown school instead.

Warren Sapp < bantha fodder
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    JR is the GIANTS GM as TC is the coach and Eli is the QB. Support them.
    Couldn't have said it better.

+ Reply to Thread