+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    poo poo loud mouth Sapp..

Strahan > Sapp

Sapp was a lot of hype. He had a great peak but he wasn't the best on his team. That was Derrick Brooks. Sapp was also a joke on the Raiders. Unlike Strahan, Sapp was also cut in his "peak years". I'm literally stunned that guy got in over Strahan.

The only thing bigger than Sapp's fat *** is his ego!!!

Forgetting my bias for a moment .... can someone logically explain to me why Sapp is in the HoF before Strahan?

Less sacks, tackles, pass defenses, forced fumbles, safeties, TDs and Super Bowl appearances.

Then let's consider strength of position. Strahan was the second highest rated strong side DE in NFL history (behind Reggie White).

Warren Sapp (DT) arguably doesn't even rate in the Top 10 at his position (Randle, Green, Grier, Kennedy, Olsen, White, Lilly, Page, Perry, Selmon).

Sapp: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

Strahan: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/StraMi02.htm

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Forgetting my bias for a moment .... can someone logically explain to me why Sapp is in the HoF before Strahan?

Less sacks, tackles, pass defenses, forced fumbles, safeties, TDs and Super Bowl appearances.

Then let's consider strength of position. Strahan was the second highest rated strong side DE in NFL history (behind Reggie White).

Warren Sapp (DT) arguably doesn't even rate in the Top 10 at his position (Randle, Green, Grier, Kennedy, Olsen, White, Lilly, Page, Perry, Selmon).

Sapp: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

Strahan: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/StraMi02.htm

I don't get it.
    I personally like Sapp a lot. But I would say the Strahan/Sapp argument has good points to be made on both sides.

Having said that.......

......I truly believe however that the fake sack record and the way it was gotten, had a direct impact on the HOF voting this year. Obviously Strahan is a Hall of Fame quality player and will definitely get in, probably next year.
    But if you guys don't think that fiasco with Favre didn't have an impact with some voters, you're kidding yourselves.
    Get well soon 80.

Sapp is a media darling too, no?
    #80 = Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday.
    #13 = Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Pksoze View Post
    Sapp was a lot of hype. He had a great peak but he wasn't the best on his team. That was Derrick Brooks. Sapp was also a joke on the Raiders. Unlike Strahan, Sapp was also cut in his "peak years". I'm literally stunned that guy got in over Strahan.
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Sapp was a parody of himself in his twilight years, Strahan was still dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    I personally like Sapp a lot. But I would say the Strahan/Sapp argument has good points to be made on both sides.

Having said that.......

......I truly believe however that the fake sack record and the way it was gotten, had a direct impact on the HOF voting this year. Obviously Strahan is a Hall of Fame quality player and will definitely get in, probably next year.
    But if you guys don't think that fiasco with Favre didn't have an impact with some voters, you're kidding yourselves.

I wouldn't go so far as calling it "FAKE".
    I remember the play well and yeah...Favre gave it up and went down on his own, but the fact is Strahan still got to him fair and square, and Favre had no time to run or get rid of the ball, so he went down.
    Really no less a sack than a QB being touched down after he falls on a botched snap.
    I'm not saying you're wrong about it being a reason he was left out, I'm just saying that if it was the reason, it's stupid because that one shouldn't overshadow all the others leading up to the record. But knowing how drunk with power these fart sniffing writers are with their almighty votes, you're probably right.
    Last edited by bigblue58; 02-08-2013 at 10:15 AM.

Having said that.......

So, you have talked to Strahan and Favre and they have confirmed that it was a "staged" sack? What about all the sacks that lead up to that one? I lost respect for Sapp when he shoved the Packers coach when leaving the field..... Not to mention he is a blow hard.

Strahan will always be the better player in my humble opinion.....

Having said that.......

There's no debating that both players are worthy of the HoF. And I agree that the sack record was probably stuck in some voters' minds negatively.

Shame ... although being honored next year at Giants' Stadium is a nice consolation prize.