+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 112

Thread: Sapp says he clearly should have made Hall over Giants great, 'media darling' Strahan

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue58 View Post
    Fake sack..... are you serious dude?
    I remember the play well and yeah...Favre gave it up and went down on his own, but the fact is Strahan still got to him fair and square, and Favre had no time to run or get rid of the ball, so he went down.
    Really no less a sack than a QB being touched down after he falls on a botched snap.
    That's a good point, because for the sack to have been staged, the Offensive Line had to be in on the conspiracy..... I vaguely recall the play myself, and I don't think it was staged either.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Forgetting my bias for a moment .... can someone logically explain to me why Sapp is in the HoF before Strahan?

    Less sacks, tackles, pass defenses, forced fumbles, safeties, TDs and Super Bowl appearances.

    Then let's consider strength of position. Strahan was the second highest rated strong side DE in NFL history (behind Reggie White).

    Warren Sapp (DT) arguably doesn't even rate in the Top 10 at his position (Randle, Green, Grier, Kennedy, Olsen, White, Lilly, Page, Perry, Selmon).

    Sapp: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/SappWa00.htm

    Strahan: http://www.pro-football-reference.co...S/StraMi02.htm

    I don't get it.
    U cant compare stats between 2 different positions. I think Strahan should of got in over Parcells

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    U cant compare stats between 2 different positions. I think Strahan should of got in over Parcells
    Which is why I compared strength of position.

    And I think Strahan should have got in over Sapp and Ogden. Parcels was a great coach for his SB runs, but more than that, he was revolutionary in his capacity for rebuilding broken teams (his eye for talent is often overlooked).

    Then again, I'm biased there too

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by njg85m View Post
    Ding ding ding, we have a winner.
    Sapp was a parody of himself in his twilight years, Strahan was still dominant.
    Sapp had 10 sacks the year before he retired at DT. U know how rare that is. He did that 4 times. Only 2 guys have done it since he retired . Suh who had 10 and Geno Atkins this season

  5. #25
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,435
    Ogden was incredible. He was so dominating at his position he should have absolutely made it.

  6. #26
    With Strahan being the only first ballot player to not make the Hall this year, I think it speaks volumes as to how the media feels about Strahan's sack record.

    Whenever you have someone who not only owns the single season record, but is also ranked 5th all time in that major statistical category, you would think it would be a no brainer. Not in this case and unfortunately it shows how screwed up the HoF voters are. Just look how long it took Chris Carter.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Which is why I compared strength of position.

    And I think Strahan should have got in over Sapp and Ogden. Parcels was a great coach for his SB runs, but more than that, he was revolutionary in his capacity for rebuilding broken teams (his eye for talent is often overlooked).

    Then again, I'm biased there too
    He is the gold standard for the 3 tech. When people talk about the Under tackle in a 4-3 Under he is the player all others are compared to, Strahan doesnt get that kind of admiration

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddy333 View Post
    Ogden was incredible. He was so dominating at his position he should have absolutely made it.
    Ogden and Larry Allen were as good as it gets. Coaches should be in another category they should let 1 coach or GM in every 5 years or something like that

  9. #29
    It is all staged for him to get elected next year at his home. That will be the icing on the cake.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    He is the gold standard for the 3 tech. When people talk about the Under tackle in a 4-3 Under he is the player all others are compared to, Strahan doesnt get that kind of admiration
    I totally disagree. Sapp doesn't even fit the mold for a prototypical 3-tech due to his freaky athleticism. It would be like trying to train running backs by having them emulate Adrian Petersen.

    Strahan is the epitome of what you want a 4-3 strong side DE to be.

    And Ogden was an OT of one of the worst offenses in the NFL during his time (not to mention a primarily run-oriented offense). He was a very good OT but not on the par *at his position* that Strahan was at his.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts