+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    NFL.com is ok with me. I remember when they had a court about teams that are in the hunt at the time. Sap was the Judge. Funny and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrase96 View Post
    Sapp routinely takes unwarranted shots at players that are/were better than him. He takes shots at Ware whenever he can, and he took shots at Larry Allen before Larry Allen put him in his place.

He's just a loud mouth with an inferiority complex.
    Yep. Can't stand that moron.

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    I dont really know if he is be he is acting like one. But that is not so unusual for a big time sports figure...
    Thats the great part....if I think he is a jerk I can call him one. The hit he put on Chad Clifton and the way he did react and has reacted to it says a lot about him as a person IMO....
    The only thing we see of celebrities and/or pro athletes is what they show us when the cameras are on. None of us can know very much about anyone we don't know.

My "impressions" (and thats all I can have) of Sapp based on what I have seen is that he has a large and generally attractive personality.
    But again, I'm basing that on what I see on TV. And that ain't much.
    "Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    That's a good point, because for the sack to have been staged, the Offensive Line had to be in on the conspiracy..... I vaguely recall the play myself, and I don't think it was staged either.
    Is this serious or a joke? Look.. I loved Strahan just as much as the next Giants fan...but I remember that play...saw the Instant Replays and im TELLING you all...it was totally planned.

Just Google the video...Farve halfasses his way right over to Strahan and lays down right in front of him. The TE for the Packers BARELY put his hands up and never extended him. The TE more or less olayed Strahan righ to Favre.

It does not negate all the other sacks Strahan got but then one was staged by Favre and the Packers...but not by Strahan.

They are both Hall of Famers but Sapp is overrated. Strahan got better with age and Sapp's off the field stuff has been.....confusing to say the least.

there was no staged sack

Brett knew Mike needed one for the record
    they are friends
    he saw him coming and laid down

nothing was premeditated

Stra may have wrangled him even if he didn't play possum

who cares about the stupid record anyway.

Stra was awesome.....go back and watch film on how he stopped the run

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    there was no staged sack

Brett knew Mike needed one for the record
    they are friends
    he saw him coming and laid down

nothing was premeditated

Stra may have wrangled him even if he didn't play possum

who cares about the stupid record anyway.

Stra was awesome.....go back and watch film on how he stopped the run
    No way my friend.

They were running out the clock. they had just run 2 running plays into the line. In a normal situation they would have run another run into the line. That sack was a gift to Strahan.
    It was so obvious for God's sake. All of the sudden Favre is going to r take the snap and run to the right and fall down? C'mon YA. You are DEFINITELY better than this.

And I'm not saying anything about Strahan as a player. The guy was great and a deserving HOF'r. I'm just speculating on why some voters didn't vote him in on the first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    No way my friend.

They were running out the clock. they had just run 2 running plays into the line. In a normal situation they would have run another run into the line. That sack was a gift to Strahan.
    It was so obvious for God's sake. All of the sudden Favre is going to r take the snap and run to the right and fall down? C'mon YA. You are DEFINITELY better than this.

And I'm not saying anything about Strahan as a player. The guy was great and a deserving HOF'r. I'm just speculating on why some voters didn't vote him in on the first try.
    If your theory is correct, Favre would have had to tell his O-Line to pretend to block Strahan, then allow him through, just so Brett could lay down. I don't buy it..... If that had happened, somebody in the huddle would have already spilled the beans.

Port St. Lucie, FL (originally from Avenel, NJ)
    domiNANT.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    If your theory is correct, Favre would have had to tell his O-Line to pretend to block Strahan, then allow him through, just so Brett could lay down. I don't buy it..... If that had happened, somebody in the huddle would have already spilled the beans.
    Oh come on. Favre did a play fake and you could see him looking for Strahan.
    And 88 didn't even try to block him.
    So either it was the dumbest call AND the most poorly executed play in NFL history OR it was a gift to Strahan.

You know the theory about the simplest explanation.........being the correct one.

And listen to Papa's call, he reported it as a gift from Favre to Strahan because it was so obvious as it happened.
    Last edited by Morehead State; 02-08-2013 at 02:07 PM.