+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelfan1966 View Post
    If your theory is correct, Favre would have had to tell his O-Line to pretend to block Strahan, then allow him through, just so Brett could lay down. I don't buy it..... If that had happened, somebody in the huddle would have already spilled the beans.
    Did you not see the play? The Packers Oline DID pretend to block Strahan...the TE barely even brought his hands up to block Strahan. The TE even stepped inside to LET STRAHAN IN.

Quote Originally Posted by thomsoad View Post
    Did you not see the play? The Packers Oline DID pretend to block Strahan...the TE barely even brought his hands up to block Strahan. The TE even stepped inside to LET STRAHAN IN.
    In know. Its no disgrace for us Giants fans to admit to the obvious.
    WE look foolish to other fans when we cling to the ridiculous notion that the play was legit.
    Get well soon 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Oh come on. Favre did a play fake and you could see him looking for Strahan.
    And 88 didn't even try to block him.
    So either it was the dumbest call AND the most poorly executed play in NFL history OR it was a gift to Strahan.

You know the theory about the simplest explanation.........being the correct one.

And listen to Papa's call, he reported it as a gift from Favre to Strahan because it was so obvious as it happened.
    It has always felt more likely to me that Farve set that up all on his own.

Remember, by all accounts, it was an audible to a naked bootleg. It looked to me like 88 thought the call was for Farve to go to his left, and therefor had little reason to even touch a Strahan going up field. I cannot understand either the roll to the left or the calling of a pass play, but

Strahan got to Farve first.

If it was a setup, and the play was called to the right, then it took at least 3 packers* to commit and keep their mouths shut. Plus the other 8 guys who would have at least asked WTF at the end of the play. Much, much harder to believe.

*Minimum, unless you believe that the play called for a TE to block Strahan 1 on 1 and nobody questioned this.
    This space for rent

Quote Originally Posted by Delicreep View Post
    It has always felt more likely to me that Farve set that up all on his own.

Remember, by all accounts, it was an audible to a naked bootleg. It looked to me like 88 thought the call was for Farve to go to his left, and therefor had little reason to even touch a Strahan going up field. I cannot understand either the roll to the left or the calling of a pass play, but

Strahan got to Farve first.

If it was a setup, and the play was called to the right, then it took at least 3 packers* to commit and keep their mouths shut. Plus the other 8 guys who would have at least asked WTF at the end of the play. Much, much harder to believe.

*Minimum, unless you believe that the play called for a TE to block Strahan 1 on 1 and nobody questioned this.
    Its definitely possible that Strahan wasn't in on it. But the play was bogus.
    Get well soon 80.

I don't care what happened on that play. So Strahan gets the 2nd most sacks in the history of a season. So what. One season doesn't make a hall of famer and Strahan has a career that should have easily pushed him over the edge with Sapp.

I'm not saying Sapp doesn't deserve it too, because he definitely does. But he was in no way better than Strahan and Strahan had an overall longer and more productive career.

Sapp is jealous of everything Strahan has. Strahan is on national television weekday morning and sunday mornings. Sapp is stuck on the NFL network like all the other ex-talking head players. He is a gimmick and he knows it. Strahan surpassed him on the field with his records and at this point has surpassed him in the admiration of their peers.

Keep talking Sapp. They only reason people heard you is because you said the name Strahan.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Morehead State View Post
    Its definitely possible that Strahan wasn't in on it. But the play was bogus.
    The play was bogus. But the record and player are not.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats your opinion the Hall of Fame voters happen to agree with me. I think Sapps presence ,his 16.5 sacks as a DT probably was a big reason why the Defense was so good.
    The HOF voters took 100 years to put cris carter and parcells. The HOF voters can go screw themselves. JJ Watt had a better year this year than all of saps years combined. There are 15 d line men I'd take before sapp.

Stay classy, as always, Warren

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    I don't care what happened on that play. So Strahan gets the 2nd most sacks in the history of a season. So what. One season doesn't make a hall of famer and Strahan has a career that should have easily pushed him over the edge with Sapp.

I'm not saying Sapp doesn't deserve it too, because he definitely does. But he was in no way better than Strahan and Strahan had an overall longer and more productive career.

Sapp is jealous of everything Strahan has. Strahan is on national television weekday morning and sunday mornings. Sapp is stuck on the NFL network like all the other ex-talking head players. He is a gimmick and he knows it. Strahan surpassed him on the field with his records and at this point has surpassed him in the admiration of their peers.

Keep talking Sapp. They only reason people heard you is because you said the name Strahan.
    I am only saying that I would be surprised if many voters held it against him....because the play WAS bogus. It may or may not been of his doing, but that's secondary in the view of some.
    Get well soon 80.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Thats your opinion the Hall of Fame voters happen to agree with me. I think Sapps presence ,his 16.5 sacks as a DT probably was a big reason why the Defense was so good.
    If scouts say that they're looking for the next sapp then that explain so many bad rookie DTs.