+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran

I don't get some of you on this board

How many people were asking for change and screaming because coaches let rookies rot on the bench? and now that they are cutting vets and pretty much telling the rookies to get ready to man up this upcoming season and people complain anyway lol

I for one am excited to see what the next phase of players have to offer and what they can do. I am a huge Giants fan and love Bradshaw and Boley but its the NFL, its business. They can't stay forever, the Giants have to make changed now because the NFC East as well as the rest of the NFL is getting younger and faster. For example, the Redskins and RG3, Seattle, Niners, Carolina (eventually), Bucs.....they are getting faster and not to mention the Eagles new head coach love the option play so look for that to happen soon.

Anyways, Giants are doing the right thing in my opinion and are making necessary changes due to money issues and also to re tool the team in order to compete next season and the next seasons to come.

Welcome to fandom
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post
    How many people were asking for change and screaming because coaches let rookies rot on the bench? and now that they are cutting vets and pretty much telling the rookies to get ready to man up this upcoming season and people complain anyway lol

I for one am excited to see what the next phase of players have to offer and what they can do. I am a huge Giants fan and love Bradshaw and Boley but its the NFL, its business. They can't stay forever, the Giants have to make changed now because the NFC East as well as the rest of the NFL is getting younger and faster. For example, the Redskins and RG3, Seattle, Niners, Carolina (eventually), Bucs.....they are getting faster and not to mention the Eagles new head coach love the option play so look for that to happen soon.

Anyways, Giants are doing the right thing in my opinion and are making necessary changes due to money issues and also to re tool the team in order to compete next season and the next seasons to come.
    Canty was a good player. We don't have any depth at DL that can replace him (don't even get me started on the board's new love child, Kuhn).

Boley was a leader on defense. He was the brains of the operation.

AB was the heart of our team.

I get these cuts, however it's terrible to see Diehl, Webster, and Tuck still on the team...

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Canty was a good player. We don't have any depth at DL that can replace him (don't even get me started on the board's new love child, Kuhn).

Boley was a leader on defense. He was the brains of the operation.

AB was the heart of our team.

I get these cuts, however it's terrible to see Diehl, Webster, and Tuck still on the team...
    I don't think we've seen the last of the cuts
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I agree with the OP, you can't really please everyone but I'm glad Reese doesn't care about pleasing people, he cares more about building a SB competing team.

Few weeks ago people were crying about how we need to be more like NE and Bill Belichick and get more youngins in here, well...surprise!!

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    I agree with the OP, you can't really please everyone but I'm glad Reese doesn't care about pleasing people, he cares more about building a SB competing team.

Few weeks ago people were crying about how we need to be more like NE and Bill Belichick and get more youngins in here, well...surprise!!
    Ha, it also wouldn't hurt to play in a divison with the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins. Our whole team would look MUCH better then...

i think the Giants are doing the right thing as well! they are making business moves based on this "what have you done for me lately" league!

liked ive said before some of these players got comfortable with winning last year and decided to take a year off!

we may have more moves and a couple might be surprises!

Boley was the brains?
    Rolle is the leader?
    Webster is our shut down corner?
    Tuck captain?

none of these guys showed up.
    our defense was the 2nd WORST in the NFL. these clowns are more to blame if any if they r considered our D's leadership. How many times waS Rolle in the wrong spot? Only time our D gelled was when Philips was healthy... without him the D fell apart. Out with the old in with some new hungry players trying to earn a big payday... these others already hit the bank... they dont care anymore.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post

THANK YOU! I remember that thread lol

Quote Originally Posted by flashnando View Post

+1

Very relieved to see Reese doing what has to be done no matter how much it hurts emotionally as fans to see a favorite go. It doesn't matter how "Ra! Ra!" you are as a player if you lack the physical tools to be a playmaker or just have too much tred on the tires.