+ Reply to Thread

Its pretty evident the Giant Organization knows what its doing i think they have earned the benefit of the doubt. Also I think to much credit or blame goes to the GM. Reese isnt out scouting every single player in college and the NFL. The College Scouts and Pro personnel guys do that and they work as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Its pretty evident the Giant Organization knows what its doing i think they have earned the benefit of the doubt. Also I think to much credit or blame goes to the GM. Reese isnt out scouting every single player in college and the NFL. The College Scouts and Pro personnel guys do that and they work as a team.
    I'm a huge Giants front office/JR homer, but really the moves that they didn't do (given the circumstances) are just as impressive as their draft. When Plax shot himself like an idiot, people were crying for Braylon Edwards. We drafted Nicks instead. When we cut Pettigout (sp?), people were moaning and groaning for a replacement. Same deal with SS, and it's happening now with Cruz. Although it isn't definite that Cruz will go. Cruz is also a much better player then any of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I'm a huge Giants front office/JR homer, but really the moves that they didn't do (given the circumstances) are just as impressive as their draft. When Plax shot himself like an idiot, people were crying for Braylon Edwards. We drafted Nicks instead. When we cut Pettigout (sp?), people were moaning and groaning for a replacement. Same deal with SS, and it's happening now with Cruz. Although it isn't definite that Cruz will go. Cruz is also a much better player then any of those guys.
    We also thought SS was the Cruz of his day... Different scenario but I feel like talent can, and will be, replaced. This is the NFL machine we're talking about.