+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ELI_Iz_God View Post
    I have zero Sympathy for organizations who don't have as much money and wouldn't be able to keep up with the Bigger Successful Franchises. The CAP is in place only to level the playing field money-wise, which is BS.

If the smaller organizations feel this is unfair..then find a way to make more money...find a way to fill your seats...but don't expect a handicap for your benefit...it's pathetic.
    The NFL would not have the teams it has were it not for CAP
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I have zero Sympathy for organizations who don't have as much money and wouldn't be able to keep up with the Bigger Successful Franchises. The CAP is in place only to level the playing field money-wise, which is BS.

If the smaller organizations feel this is unfair..then find a way to make more money...find a way to fill your seats...but don't expect a handicap for your benefit...it's pathetic.
    Are you a yankees fan too?

You'd rather see teams buy championships year-in and year-out? That's what'd be pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Let me know if you remember who that was, i'd love to look up video on that...
    John Mulaney. It just came to me.

I believe the NFL should have something similar to Bird Rights like the NBA so players would be less likely to hold a team hostage ala Revis.

Quote Originally Posted by miked1958 View Post
    you do realize that "Johnny Football" will come out the overall number 1 Pick of that years Draft. The GIANTS would have to lose all but 1 or 2 games that prior year or Trade up like Crazy in order to have a shot at him.
    Unless manziel gets a lot bigger and a lot more accurate as a passer he will not be the number 1 pick.
    Last edited by Redeyejedi; 02-11-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Nice to see "Mr. False Start's" take on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    You'd rather see teams buy championships year-in and year-out? That's what'd be pathetic.
    In my lifetime, no one has "bought" a Super Bowl championship. You must be confusing the NFL with some other pro sport.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    In my lifetime, no one has "bought" a Super Bowl championship. You must be confusing the NFL with some other pro sport.
    He was quoting and arguing against someone who was in favor of removing the cap. But the cap is what makes football so interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    He was quoting and arguing against someone who was in favor of removing the cap. But the cap is what makes football so interesting.
    I missed that, I miss alot lol. YES, the cap is what makes football so interesting.
    No one remembers who came in second.