+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Positional Analysis: Tight End

Positional Analysis: Tight End

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...ysis-tight-end

Excerpt: "We’ve been taking a look toward 2013 with a position-by-position breakdown of the Giants leading into the scouting combine and free agency.

So far, we have analyzed quarterback, running back and wide receiver. Today is tight end.

TIGHT END

2012 depth chart:
    Martellus Bennett, Bear Pascoe, Travis Beckum, Adrien Robinson.

Overview: The Giants pretty much went with two tight ends for the entire season with Bennett and Pascoe. Bennett was pretty much everything the Giants hoped for. He showed his vast potential and athleticism on the receiving side with a career-high 55 receptions for 626 yards and five touchdowns. And the Giants probably could have utilized him more in the passing game. His blocking was good, although the coaches say it can improve. Pascoe provided blocking on the line and from his H-back type of role. Beckum spent most of the season recovering from a torn ACL suffered in the Super Bowl and returned briefly before hurting his knee and landing on IR again. Robinson remains a project to be developed." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

while its not "essential" signing Marty B i think it would be wise to do so! he hasnt peaked in performance yet but when he does i hope it with the Giants!

i dont know if Beckum will be back; he hasnt contributed or broken out as expected!

i thought Robinson would have more pt than he did especially how he was touted after being drafted! may be a factor next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    while its not "essential" signing Marty B i think it would be wise to do so! he hasnt peaked in performance yet but when he does i hope it with the Giants!

i dont know if Beckum will be back; he hasnt contributed or broken out as expected!

i thought Robinson would have more pt than he did especially how he was touted after being drafted! may be a factor next year.
    I think Bennett is pretty close to critical in terms of the OLine. He produced some better than expected numbers in his first year here and we have every reason to believe he can still improve. If we can keep Beatty and find a RT we can depend on then Bennett can run more routes in 2013..

Beckum needs to be released.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    I think Bennett is pretty close to critical in terms of the OLine. He produced some better than expected numbers in his first year here and we have every reason to believe he can still improve. If we can keep Beatty and find a RT we can depend on then Bennett can run more routes in 2013..

Beckum needs to be released.
    i agree! although Pascoe just signed and is safe he is a valuable piece of this offense as a TE/FB. hes a perfect compliment for each position!

speaking of Beatty hes almost a "must keep" imo!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    i agree! although Pascoe just signed and is safe he is a valuable piece of this offense as a TE/FB. hes a perfect compliment for each position!

speaking of Beatty hes almost a "must keep" imo!
    We need Beatty for sure

What I find funny is how dumb a guy like Mel Kiper actually is. He was on TV yesterday with his mock draft, and he had us picking a TE in the first round.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's as if he never watched a Giants game before. We are about to resign Bennett, and Reese all but called Adrian Robinson the JPP of TEs. How he could say that in TV in his mock draft is beyond laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    What I find funny is how dumb a guy like Mel Kiper actually is. He was on TV yesterday with his mock draft, and he had us picking a TE in the first round.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It's as if he never watched a Giants game before. We are about to resign Bennett, and Reese all but called Adrian Robinson the JPP of TEs. How he could say that in TV in his mock draft is beyond laughable.
    Ive seen a bunch. They did the same thing last year too with Allen and that Fleener. Now its Ertz and Eifert. I would of bet my house we wouldnt of drafted a RB last year though, especially after Martin got snagged in front of us.

+ Reply to Thread