+ Reply to Thread

stat on opposing 3rd n long success rate?

anyone dig up this stat yet? i would love to se how many times our "defense" screwed the pooch this year.

Perry Fewell's 3rd and wrong defense.... love it.
    "It wasnt Eli's fault he threw that interception"

The Giants were horrible on any 3rd down situation on defense. Perfect example was the Ravens game, it could be 3rd and 20 and the Ravens would convert it.
    This was a glaring issue all season long, and something Perry Fewell and staff have to fix.
    Last edited by primetime; 02-08-2013 at 03:17 PM.

It may not be too bad compared to the league in like 3rd and 8-10 yd situations, but on 3rd and like 10 or more, we hadbto be among the worst. I cannot recall a team ever giving up as many 3rd and like 25s that we gave up. We were a finger tip away from losing a game on a last play and 40 yds for a gw td lol...over n over, coverage would get blown or a player would take horrendous angles/terrible jump ball coverage...

And what's even sadder, prince like didn't concede any of em...those plays kept on happening on...well u know

Yup I looked it up a couple months ago and was going to write a post about it but forgot.....great point.....they were the third worst in the league at 3rd downs in general.....no specific stat for 3rd and longs.....but the Skins were the worst yet won the division so cue the naysayers about the significance of this stat. 42% is atrocious though/

IIRC first game of the season and Miles Austin converts a 3&19 for a TD. It was a re-occurring theme all year.

Hasn't this been a recurring theme since Coughlin got here?

thanks for that stat! is that for 3rd downs in general or 3rd n +20
    ?

woopsjust readyour intro... disregard my question

Quote Originally Posted by primetime View Post
    The Giants were horrible on any 3rd down situation on defense. Perfect example was the Ravens game, it could be 3rd and 20 and the Ravens would convert it.
    This was a glaring issue all season long, and something Perry Fewell and staff have to fix.

Oh that was an easy game plan for the Ravens. Just throw against Webster. lol