+ Reply to Thread

Something postive with Tuck and its cool/could help next season

@ 7 pm on USA network, they are doing a characters unite featuring Justin Tuck, Troy P. and Larry Fitzgerald and how they faced adversity growing up, and how that adversity fueled their work ethic and drive to succeed. Its a look into each players childhood growing up and the hardships, and how they helped them on the football field.

And in my opinion, this is just what the dr. ordered for Tuck. Now I dont know when this was filmed, but I have to believe its somewhat recently. Tuck talking about the things that drove him, oh and further, the players will also try to instill some of whatt they faced and how they overcame it to individual kids facing similar situations, could help tuck get some of that drive, that hunger back. going back into memory lane and facing some of those tribulations and expressing to a child facing similar difficulties the way he overcame it; on the field with hard work, could get tuck back into that hungry tuck of old. i dont know, well i do, im reaching. but still, cant see how this could hurt in an offseason where tuck needs to find himself...

Quote Originally Posted by giantsfan420 View Post
    @ 7 pm on USA network, they are doing a characters unite featuring Justin Tuck, Troy P. and Larry Fitzgerald and how they faced adversity growing up, and how that adversity fueled their work ethic and drive to succeed. Its a look into each players childhood growing up and the hardships, and how they helped them on the football field.

And in my opinion, this is just what the dr. ordered for Tuck. Now I dont know when this was filmed, but I have to believe its somewhat recently. Tuck talking about the things that drove him, oh and further, the players will also try to instill some of whatt they faced and how they overcame it to individual kids facing similar situations, could help tuck get some of that drive, that hunger back. going back into memory lane and facing some of those tribulations and expressing to a child facing similar difficulties the way he overcame it; on the field with hard work, could get tuck back into that hungry tuck of old. i dont know, well i do, im reaching. but still, cant see how this could hurt in an offseason where tuck needs to find himself...
    It sounds like more of the PR offensive that his agent has been orchestrating for the past month. Talk is cheap, play the games!
    No one remembers who came in second.

jomo-dont get me wrong. i agree 1000%. Im just saying, we all saw him display a negative attitude for honestly a majority of the 2nd half of the season. Even after the season, he was saying, imo, negative outlook statements.

Him doing a character analysis (and yes, a big part of it is probably PR) about difficulties he faced growing up thru life, and overcoming them and how he was able to, both on and off the football field, is exactly the kind of thing I'd rather Tuck focus on and think about. Apparently he will be speakig with a child whose going through similar difficulties he did, so maybe it gives him a real, legit taste of what HE actually went through himself. I know its a reach, but, "I want Tuck to show it during the game!" and getting his mind in the right place is probably as big an issue blocking Tuck from being Tuck as there is...

plus, im sure it will be interesting to watch regardless for fans of tucks...and fitzgerald and troy p...

jomo-dont get me wrong. i agree 1000%. Im just saying, we all saw him display a negative attitude for honestly a majority of the 2nd half of the season. Even after the season, he was saying, imo, negative outlook statements.

Him doing a character analysis (and yes, a big part of it is probably PR) about difficulties he faced growing up thru life, and overcoming them and how he was able to, both on and off the football field, is exactly the kind of thing I'd rather Tuck focus on and think about. Apparently he will be speakig with a child whose going through similar difficulties he did, so maybe it gives him a real, legit taste of what HE actually went through himself. I know its a reach, but, "I want Tuck to show it during the game!" and getting his mind in the right place is probably as big an issue blocking Tuck from being Tuck as there is...
    I love the guy and think he's exactly the type of player who we love as Giants fans. I also wish him the best. We need him at his best. I just have never liked guys who talk about stuff rather than delivering "stuff". This is really unfair to JT but I remember Darryl Strawberry, year after year during spring training, telling us why he's finally got his SHtuff together only to see him repeat his missteps from previous years. I would much rather hear JT's story after our SB victory next year recounting how he recommitted himself to training and preparing for the season. Looking back next year after the season, it is a much better story. Right here and now, it just sounds like empty words to me. It has nothing to do with how I feel about JT in general.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I love the guy and think he's exactly the type of player who we love as Giants fans. I also wish him the best. We need him at his best. I just have never liked guys who talk about stuff rather than delivering "stuff". This is really unfair to JT but I remember Darryl Strawberry, year after year during spring training, telling us why he's finally got his SHtuff together only to see him repeat his missteps from previous years. I would much rather hear JT's story after our SB victory next year recounting how he recommitted himself to training and preparing for the season. Looking back next year after the season, it is a much better story. Right here and now, it just sounds like empty words to me. It has nothing to do with how I feel about JT in general.
    thats fair. but tuck isnt gonna be talking about how hes going to be awesome next year. hes going to be discussing the work ethic and stuff he had to overcome the adversity he faced growing up trying to make it as a football player. thats why i think this could be a good thing, tuck isnt looking forward, hes looking back, to what he used to be, and all he overcame and what it took to do so. im hoping that affects his mentality this offseason and he can get back to that old tuck and not thsi tuck from the last 2 seasons sans a postseason run

thats fair. but tuck isnt gonna be talking about how hes going to be awesome next year. hes going to be discussing the work ethic and stuff he had to overcome the adversity he faced growing up trying to make it as a football player. thats why i think this could be a good thing, tuck isnt looking forward, hes looking back, to what he used to be, and all he overcame and what it took to do so. im hoping that affects his mentality this offseason and he can get back to that old tuck and not thsi tuck from the last 2 seasons sans a postseason run
    I am happy to root for the guy, so long as he's priced right next year.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I am happy to root for the guy, so long as he's priced right next year.
    Don't care how he's priced. I don't want a player who doesn't put out 100%, or is injury prone. Once we weed out these guys, then and only then can we reload.

Quote Originally Posted by mainefan View Post
    Don't care how he's priced. I don't want a player who doesn't put out 100%, or is injury prone. Once we weed out these guys, then and only then can we reload.
    I contemplated all of that in my phrase "price right"