+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jacoby jones td return. No holding call

OP is right: #49 gets mugged at 7 seconds in on the video.

He's right there in the middle of the action and two guys mug him.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    But if the ref doesn't have line of sight to see the hold, how can he call it?
    Hence the reason why they have multiple officials on the field

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    OP is right: #49 gets mugged at 7 seconds in on the video.

He's right there in the middle of the action and two guys mug him.
    Thank you, I can't believe people are arguing this one

Quote Originally Posted by RichGiants81 View Post
    How's it possible they missed this and nobody said anything during the broadcast? Two ravens holding a guy while blocking him in the back? It was re****. If this happened against the giants in the SB. I'd never get over it. Take this away and it's a different game

http://youtu.be/ART0U7UaG20

Because they missed calls the whole game as every crew does.

On the flip no holding call was made on the Gore TD either. Generally, it balances out. Those that deny that usually lost.

Missing that in the pre season is one thing, but in the Super Bowl? And nobody points it out on the broadcast or highlights they keep showing? If that happened to the giants and the lost because of it... That would be a nightmare. I'm surprised the niner fans aren't going crazy over that
    It's not the reason they lost.

Any Niner fan that claims that's the reason they lost is somewhere between strict denial and/or clueless homer.

Missing that in the pre season is one thing, but in the Super Bowl? And nobody points it out on the broadcast or highlights they keep showing? If that happened to the giants and the lost because of it... That would be a nightmare. I'm surprised the niner fans aren't going crazy over that
    They are. It was a very bad miss call. One could argue it had a difference given the close end score, but at the end of the day the Ravens were beating up so badly on the niners that it wouldn't have mattered probably.

Missed calls are a part of the game. In the NFL you could pretty much call holding on every play. Its very likely that the officials didn't see and if they did they didn't have to angle to see if was really a hold.

I agree that you can call holding on most plays. My point was that this particular situation was outrageous. Not one but two guys hugging the dude from behind and pushing him five yards down field clearing the middle for jones to get through. I feel like ray Charles could have made that call, missing something small is whatever but its not like it was subtle. I'm not saying that one play cost them the game because they had no business catching up like that, if the power didn't conveniently go out. It could have ended up being 42 to 13. I'm just surprised that nobody said anything about it, especially the announcers after they showed it five times. It was the highlight of the game

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I don't think it was a block in the back. It looked like the guy was trying to spin out. There may have been a hold. It was too fast a clip for me to say for sure. The refs swallowed their whistles most of the game. Although they did make a ridiculous running into the kicker call on the Akers shank. That kinda made a difference. That missed FG may have halted the momentum of the 9ers comeback.

Where was the holding cause like the man in space balls combing the desert with a pick. We aint found...

+ Reply to Thread