+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Rodgers a good deal!

Sean Rodgers a good deal!

Nice signing by Reese...

From Jenny V at the star ledger:
    Defensive tackle Shaun Rogers returned to the Giants on a one-year deal worth $1.005 million, but it is also a split contract to protect the team against injury. Rogers' contract has a $20,000 signing bonus, a $45,000 weight bonus and a base salary of $940,000, but the split lowers his salary to $433,000 if he lands on injured reserve. Rogers spent the 2012 season on IR with a blood clot in his leg. Rogers' base salary counts just $555,000 against the cap because of the veteran minimum salary benefit rule.

EDIT:

http://www.nj.com/giants/team/136042...ear-split.html - RF
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-09-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Nice, Stay healthy big fella.. please

The heavy interior with Josepg/Rogers is intriguing to say the least. I'd probably like it a lot more of we got better pressure coming from the ends.

lets hope for the best. but at 33, one year without playing and who knows how much he weighs...it will be interesting to see what he can do

At that price and with that contract structure, it is a smart play by JR.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    At that price and with that contract structure, it is a smart play by JR.
    He's doing what he can to not get boxed into any corners requiring restructuring or dead CAP space. It's fascinating to watch, even from this distance. He uses whatever leverage he has to the team's advantage.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    He's doing what he can to not get boxed into any corners requiring restructuring or dead CAP space. It's fascinating to watch, even from this distance. He uses whatever leverage he has to the team's advantage.
    Honestly, it's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    Honestly, it's better to cut a player a year too early than a year too late...
    It's better to build protection into contracts
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    lets hope for the best. but at 33, one year without playing and who knows how much he weighs...it will be interesting to see what he can do
    I get what your saying because of his age...but he came into camp last year in Great shape and Jerry Reese even commented on it. Wish I could say the same for Marvin Austin

GET WELL SOON

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    I hope Rogers can get back into shape. We need a big body now that Canty is gone. Last chance saloon for Austin. He better be in top shape when he hits camp, or he may be gone before he breaks a sweat.

+ Reply to Thread