+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sean Rodgers a good deal!

Definitely a good signing, but not at all surprising. A 33 year old who just missed last year. He most likely won't find a better deal anywhere else, so why bother packing up everything you own and move to your third city in three years.

Just above vet min.

Also, congratulations for incorrectly spelling both the first and last names of this player hah

33 year old injury prone DT's rarely stay healthy. We'll be lucky to get 5 games out of him.

Starter
    Good move. I trust Reese and Coughlin on these moves. It will be exciting to see what they do with signings and the draft before the season starts. We should have a solid and exciting team next year. The division should be easy too take but I hope we're built to go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's better to build protection into contracts
    +1 and with Rodgers, we have it.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    The heavy interior with Josepg/Rogers is intriguing to say the least. I'd probably like it a lot more of we got better pressure coming from the ends.
    The DE's will get their sacks if they can get a better push from the DT's.

Don't read into this move much. Rogers is a good backup to have and a good signing by JR because none of our DT proved worthy of ANYTHING last year. We need to draft a DT or bring in a FA that know how to play the run!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Don't read into this move much. Rogers is a good backup to have and a good signing by JR because none of our DT proved worthy of ANYTHING last year. We need to draft a DT or bring in a FA that know how to play the run!
    I agree with that. We need much better from the starter along side Linval next year and Rogers is in all likelihood a backup players signed for a very modest price. It is a good roster move but not the answer.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by Carter.525 View Post
    Nice, Stay healthy big fella.. please
    yes actually great deal i comparison with what they'd have to give Canty. Now if he can produce at least as much as Canty did. Which shouldn't be hard seeing he missed half of last season and when he finally came back he was a shell of his former self
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Absolutely, stay off the Injured reserve and get paid nicely...smart, smart deal. Plus the 1 year duration means if he doesn't pan out either on or off-field we can say bye pretty much instantly.

NFL Championships : 1927 1934 1938 1956 Super Bowl Champions: XXI XXV XLII XLVI

+ Reply to Thread