+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sean Rodgers a good deal!

Quote Originally Posted by river555 View Post
    lets hope for the best. but at 33, one year without playing and who knows how much he weighs...it will be interesting to see what he can do
    Agreed......as a fan, I'd love to see him discover the fountain of youth....but I'd be shocked if he lasted a full season without something slowing him down.

It's alot easier to play heavy in your 20's than your 30's.

Still though, for the money, it's a nice move by Reese. As a short yardage/goal defender, you can't beat the price/lb.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

All-Pro
    I don't expect a whole lot from Rodgers on the field, but he is a good insurance policy. More importantly, he is an experienced veteran that may help bring along the younger guys. This is a smart contract that doesn't hurt the cap much... good signing.
    My goal had been to win a championship, work toward the Hall of Fame, have my jersey retired by the team and I`d go in as a lifelong New York Giant, but I`m now resigned to the fact that this won`t happen. -- Michael Strahan, just when you think you're down...

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I don't expect a whole lot from Rodgers on the field, but he is a good insurance policy. More importantly, he is an experienced veteran that may help bring along the younger guys. This is a smart contract that doesn't hurt the cap much... good signing.
    Alot depends on what else is done in the draft and free agency. Also, it would help if Marvin Austin played like the potential 1st round talent that Reese thought when he took him in the 2nd round.

Marvin Austin is truly the wildcard in this scenario......he's possibly one of the biggest "?" on the roster right now.

So, if Austin steps up, or if they get another DT in the draft or FA, then Rodgers can become a valuable role player in short yardage....this would be the best scenario, because it would save wear and tear on him, and also give guys like Tuck a breather.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-10-2013 at 02:03 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Starter
    Do you guys think he will start? Cause i don't think he has enough in the tank asst his age.... But he is an enormous body in the middle. Him and Linval would be a problem to move running up the middle.

They were giving him significant reps with first team last season while Canty was on PUP to say that it's still a strong possibility unless they upgrade the position in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinfarmer View Post
    They were giving him significant reps with first team last season while Canty was on PUP to say that it's still a strong possibility unless they upgrade the position in the offseason.
    Rodgers signing is a good safety gap! someone had to come in to "semi" replace Canty!

i think the Giants will draft a d-tackle in the later rounds. they could bring in another vet at a good price!

They need a long term player which will either be a relatively costly FA, or a high round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    +1 and with Rodgers, we have it.
    That is an ideal contract from a team's perspective.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I agree with that. We need much better from the starter along side Linval next year and Rogers is in all likelihood a backup players signed for a very modest price. It is a good roster move but not the answer.
    It's a piece of the puzzle
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread