+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Are Expected To Tender RB Andre Brown

Quote Originally Posted by teaneck View Post
    Lets say we tender him at a 2-3rd round level. If we get offers do we deal him?
    Hell to the freaking yes.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I would offer him something like 2 yrs with an option to extend based on his bill of health and production. I don't think a long term deal would be wise at all to do right now...basically because of what your saying.
    Tendering is a signal to the player that they want him but aren't ready to meet whatever his demands are for any number of reasons. Brown may well sign an agreement, but the team has the luxury of using the tender to effectively low ball him with, perhaps, the promise of working out a deal before he's an UFA. SO, the team can get him relatively cheaply and see how he plays in 2013. Another team can make an offer and offer a draft pick if they see him as fitting their needs. The Giants can then match that offer, or not.
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-09-2013 at 03:37 PM.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Quote Originally Posted by gmen0820 View Post
    Hell to the freaking yes.
    That might depend on who the team sees as the guy who is going to carry the biggest share of the load.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Brown is to go to guy now. Everyone knows he's powerful and speedy, Runs good routes and pass protection is there. Injury prone is his downfall. But he's coming around as in the game very productive. TC will not part ways with him, knowing the future is Wilson who can't pass block well yet. Brown, is also a soldier on and off the field and knows his effort is what got him on the field, not raw talent but taught talent and toughness

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    Tendering is a signal to the player that they want him but aren't ready to meet whatever his demands are for any number of reasons. Brown may well sign an agreement, but the team has the luxury of using the tender to effectively low ball him with, perhaps, the promise of working out a deal before he's an UFA. SO, the team can get him relatively cheaply and see how he plays in 2013. Another team can make an offer and offer a draft pick if they see him as fitting their needs. The Giants can then match that offer, or not.
    Good explanation.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

The way RB's are valued, a tender will be in order. No brainer, unless AB is willing to accept a very Giant friendly deal. And as far as the safety spot is concerned, we know Brown cuts it. I'd prefer giving Brown a "fair", performance ladened deal instead of playing: " Lets make a deal"; and send rolle packing. I've watched him talk well and play poor long enough. It makes sense all around the cookie! Go Giants

Quote Originally Posted by FrankAE View Post
    Brown is to go to guy now. Everyone knows he's powerful and speedy, Runs good routes and pass protection is there. Injury prone is his downfall. But he's coming around as in the game very productive. TC will not part ways with him, knowing the future is Wilson who can't pass block well yet. Brown, is also a soldier on and off the field and knows his effort is what got him on the field, not raw talent but taught talent and toughness
    I don't think "everyone knows" that just yet I think if Brown hadn't broken his leg, we might have seen less of Wilson on offense. But he did take more snaps and they will compete in training camp. I'm hoping the result is a shared load between them.

If Brown's leg heals up, and if he can stay healthy, he's a really solid RB. Unfortunately, those are two big "ifs". So tendering him makes sense.....I'd imagine it would be for at worst a 3rd round pick. If they tender him as a 4th, someone else will likely make a run at him.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Rochester, NY Yes Bills contry what can I do its where I live
    As far as injuries go, his bone break is the best kind of injury to comeback from. Soft tissue tears are usually the harder things to come back from. Whether or not he gets injured again, no one can tell. Unless you think he is jinxed, he has no more more likelihood of new injury as the next guy. I'd like to keep him. Even if we got a stud 2nd round RB, it wouldn't help us this coming season. TC wouldn't play the guy anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantRoc View Post
    As far as injuries go, his bone break is the best kind of injury to comeback from. Soft tissue tears are usually the harder things to come back from. Whether or not he gets injured again, no one can tell. Unless you think he is jinxed, he has no more more likelihood of new injury as the next guy. I'd like to keep him. Even if we got a stud 2nd round RB, it wouldn't help us this coming season. TC wouldn't play the guy anyway.
    True. They were just starting to trust Andre Brown when he got hurt. Having him regain his form would be huge.

- Emlen Tunnell

+ Reply to Thread