+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did we screw over the Titans in '09?

Just another reason why the Giants are lucky to have Marc Ross.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Idk if we screwed them, but definitely stuck it to them twice 09/10, nicks the pick before britt & jpp the pick before derrick morgan

Britt is exactly what he was supposed to be pre-draft.

An incredible talent who is also a complete idiot.

Keeping him in the NY area around all his friends would have resulted in even more problems than he has gotten into in tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by myles2424 View Post
    Idk if we screwed them, but definitely stuck it to them twice 09/10, nicks the pick before britt & jpp the pick before derrick morgan
    In hindsight, I would have liked to seen the Giants draft Jared Cook over Travis Beckum in the 09 draft. But the Titans drafted Cook about 10 spots before the Giants drafted Beckum in the 3rd rd.

I have heard some of the local sports radio guys down here mention how the Titans missed out on JPP, Nicks, Rolle(they took PacMan instead) for 1 reason or another. I believe the Titans passed on Moss and took Kevin Dyson that year in the draft as well.

Hindsight seems to always be 20/20 though, right?
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Oh and the Titans probably regret now drafting Andre Woolfolk over Nnamdi Asomugha in the 1st rd in 2003. Heck even Charles Tillman was still on the board until the Bears drafted him in the 2nd rd.
    “Winning is a habit. Unfortunately so is losing.”
    -Vince Lombardi

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    Just another reason why the Giants are lucky to have Marc Ross.
    is he still with the Giants?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud57 View Post
    is he still with the Giants?
    Yes. Gettleman ended up getting the Panthers job. I'm very shocked (yet very relieved) that Ross never ends up getting a GM job.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyt830 View Post
    In hindsight, I would have liked to seen the Giants draft Jared Cook over Travis Beckum in the 09 draft. But the Titans drafted Cook about 10 spots before the Giants drafted Beckum in the 3rd rd.

I have heard some of the local sports radio guys down here mention how the Titans missed out on JPP, Nicks, Rolle(they took PacMan instead) for 1 reason or another. I believe the Titans passed on Moss and took Kevin Dyson that year in the draft as well.

Hindsight seems to always be 20/20 though, right?
    I definetly wanted cook bigtime...

Veteran
    I think the more incredible thing is how many good receivers came out of this draft. Nicks, Crabtree, Harvin, Maclin, and Britt are all legitimate #1 receivers. They all seem to have trouble staying on the field, ironically. Nicks always misses games, as does Crabtree. Harvin and Maclin both seem to have a lot of head injuries, while Britt either tears his ACL or just can't stay out of trouble.

I think any of these 5 would succeed with Eli, to be honest. It seems like Harvin, Maclin, and Nicks are the most humble, and I definitely would take these three over the other two. Harvin is probably the most athletic, Britt is prototypical, yet Nicks seems to outperform all of them. Strange.

I don't understand what people mean when they say one team "screwed over" another in the draft. It's a very fair process with the order pre-determined. If you want to move up, you have to pay for it.

If you think the Colts "screwed-over" 31 other teams by taking Luck first overall, then I would agree that we may have screwed-over the Titans.

If what you mean is that we took somebody that someone else would've taken with the very next pick. . .then yeah. I think most people had Nicks rated quite a bit higher than Britt.
    Last edited by RagTime Blue; 02-10-2013 at 08:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread