+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did we screw over the Titans in '09?

Britt is a screwball but I put equal blame on the organization. The Tittens are scumbags from the top down.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    Yes. Gettleman ended up getting the Panthers job. I'm very shocked (yet very relieved) that Ross never ends up getting a GM job.
    Hopefully we can groom Ross into the Heir Apparent for our own GM position after Reese wants to move on...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Looking at that draft now, we picked Nicks right before they took Britt. You think they were pissed off about that and panicked?

Another thing I noticed about that draft: Heyward Bey and Crabtree were picked before Nicks, Maclin, Britt, and Harvin....crazy
    I don't think anyone got screwed over. As I recall that draft, Nicks was highly regarded but Britt, Heyward Bey and Crabtree were all considered top picks. JR did a nice job in getting Hakeem for us. Still, the draft is still an inexact science. That is why we have scouts.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    I don't think anyone got screwed over. As I recall that draft, Nicks was highly regarded but Britt, Heyward Bey and Crabtree were all considered top picks. JR did a nice job in getting Hakeem for us. Still, the draft is still an inexact science. That is why we have scouts.
    this be true

DHB and Crabtree would be beasts and top 5 WR with Eli throwing the football.

Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    we have Nicks and Cruz! i dont think Crabtree or Heyward Bey can touch either!

Bench Player
    A friend of mine who interned with the Titans at the time said the Titans definitely had Britt higher than Nicks; they liked his ability to stretch the field vertically. It's tough to guage with his injury history and their lack of quarterback stability. Look at the receivers that have done well from that class and you'll see QB play had a ton to do with it.

Harvin went to the Pro Bowl as a rookie with Favre as his QB. Nicks has had Eli. Maclin had McNabb and Vick.

DHB had...? Who was there before Palmer? Russell? Crabtree had the early Alex Smith years. Britt has had Locker, the twilight of Hasselbeck, and someone else I can't quite place. After Smith settled into an offense, Crabtree started to play like the pick he was.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    You beat me to this.

+ Reply to Thread