+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Did we screw over the Titans in '09?

  1. #1
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    10,802

    Did we screw over the Titans in '09?

    Looking at that draft now, we picked Nicks right before they took Britt. You think they were pissed off about that and panicked?

    Another thing I noticed about that draft: Heyward Bey and Crabtree were picked before Nicks, Maclin, Britt, and Harvin....crazy
    Last edited by egyptian420; 02-09-2013 at 03:12 PM.

  2. #2
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,478
    We screwed the Raiders crazy Al thought Reese was going take DHB because of his speed

  3. #3
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    10,802
    Quote Originally Posted by barran21 View Post
    We screwed the Raiders crazy Al thought Reese was going take DHB because of his speed
    That was such a stupid pick. Someone should've told this is football, not track.

  4. #4
    Veteran ibbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hamilton Canada
    Posts
    2,215
    If I am not mistake EH All the so called draft Gurus had Nicks rated 3rd or 4th best receiver in that draft. Boy were these guys wrong. Crabtree is coming around about 2 years late compared to Nicks.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

  5. #5
    All-Pro gmen0820's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Audubon, New Jersey
    Posts
    18,584
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Another thing I noticed about that draft: Heyward Bey and Crabtree were picked before Nicks, Maclin, Britt, and Harvin....crazy
    DHB was a dumb pick, everyone knew that. Crabtree is coming around though. He looked real good with a solid offensive system and QB.

  6. #6
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,478
    To be fair though none of those guys has had a QB of Eli's caliber for long, Harvin had Farve but he was a rook that year, Maclin had a decent Vick for one season..

  7. #7
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,249
    Quote Originally Posted by egyptian420 View Post
    Looking at that draft now, we picked Nicks right before they took Britt. You think they were pissed off about that and panicked?

    Another thing I noticed about that draft: Heyward Bey and Crabtree were picked before Nicks, Maclin, Britt, and Harvin....crazy
    From what I read at the time...the Titans thought the Giants were going to take Britt. When they didn't the Titans immediately took him. I remember them waiting no time getting their selection in that year.

  8. #8
    All-Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,478
    Just looking at Harvin's stats he's a beast with Favre in his rookie year, he won RoTY and made Probowl, guy needs a good QB..

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,307
    The crazy thing is that some of those WR were ranked higher than Nicks, Nicks was ranked as the 5th best WR on some lists. Look at last year for example, the Jets drafted Hill because he ranked better even though Randle looks a lot better than him. I agree though that having a good QB helps.

  10. #10
    All-Pro egyptian420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    10,802
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    From what I read at the time...the Titans thought the Giants were going to take Britt. When they didn't the Titans immediately took him. I remember them waiting no time getting their selection in that year.
    Yea I just read something similar right now, I guess that settles that.

    I'm glad they got their guy and we got our guy....not going to speak about who got the better end of the deal lol

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts