+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bruce Taylor?

Bruce Taylor?

What round do you think he will go and what are your thoughts on this lb? If he goes late in the draft I think he would be a good pickup.

The draft boards are all over the place on this guy anywhere between mid second to 4th.

nah, definetly not 2nd.. More like anywhere from late 4th to Undrafted.. Somewhere in that range... He was good in his bowl game , and seemed to be making plays all over the place, but could be ur prototypical downhill thumper, who excels in run stopping and is liability in pass coverege. He can be asset as a blitzer i think...

Quote Originally Posted by nycsportzfan View Post
    nah, definetly not 2nd.. More like anywhere from late 4th to Undrafted.. Somewhere in that range... He was good in his bowl game , and seemed to be making plays all over the place, but could be ur prototypical downhill thumper, who excels in run stopping and is liability in pass coverege. He can be asset as a blitzer i think...
    Yeah no way he is a 2nd round pick, He will probably get drafted but not till late 3rd day. He is not athletic enough to go that high. Compare him to 2nd day LB's like Bobby Wagner or Demario Davis he doesnt come close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Yeah no way he is a 2nd round pick, He will probably get drafted but not till late 3rd day. He is not athletic enough to go that high. Compare him to 2nd day LB's like Bobby Wagner or Demario Davis he doesnt come close to them.
    Agreed. I think i made this comparison before, but he reminds me a bit of Erik Walden, the FA from the packers.. Downhill guy, not athletic, can hit, can occasionaly get to the QB using his best asset, which is his strength, and thats about it. U ask him to do anything in pass coverege, and ur pretty much toast.. I honestly don't think theres many TE's that woulden't have a field day with Bruce Taylor.. Now if ur talking about 6th 7th rd, i have no issue...

Sometimes i hate having to knock players on threads where guys are asking about em way before they should go, because it makes it seem like u hate the guy, but in this case, i have no problem drafting Taylor, but just not early.. To many negatives to his game for a early rd pick... But when ur talking 6th-7th rd, now his strength, and potential pass rush ability, and run stuffing skills offer VALUE...

I like Taylor a lot. He is a smart football player and his game reminds me a lot of Jonathan Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockeyitus View Post
    I like Taylor a lot. He is a smart football player and his game reminds me a lot of Jonathan Goff.
    Goff was very good against the run....much better than blackburn.