+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/10/...ellus-bennett/

The New York Giants signed tight end Martellus Bennett away from the Dallas Cowboys in a free agency a year ago. The one-year deal proved to the Giants that Bennett was worthy of his contract, and should be worthy of a new contract. Meanwhile, Bennett has made it clear he loves playing for the Giants, and would love to remain one, but in the case that a new deal can't be reached, expect the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to make a run at him.

In a Q&A with Tampa Bay Tribune writer Roy Cummings, a fan asked if the Buccaneers will attempt to lure Bennett to Tampa in free agency.

"I will be a little surprised if the Bucs don't target Bennett, and I can see them going after the cornerbacks you mentioned," the fan wrote.

"Remember, if the Bucs retain DE Michael Bennett – and my guess is they will go after his brother Martellus in the hopes of creating a package deal – they can use Michael Bennett and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim inside," Cummings replied." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
    They must see talent, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    They must see talent, no?
    Derrick Ward was a huge bust for them.. Kinda reminds me of Bennett in a way, as far as not doing much first few yrs in the league and then kinda comes outtta nowhere and produces and then the bucs sign em to big money and he does nothing..

I woulden't be upset at all if we lost Bennett.. We've plugged TE's in before and they produced, and i'd expect no diffrent with a cheaper alternative.. I want to spend money on getting our defense in order more then anything..

+1 to that, in fact now I would love for us not only to sign Bennett, but bring his brother up here as well.

They picked up Ward and Ware from us wonder how they made out with that.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Ware's actually a pretty nice player for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty192 View Post
    Ware's actually a pretty nice player for them.
    really you are kidding about him being a nice player for them right heres his stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8524
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

really you are kidding about him being a nice player for them right heres his stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8524
    Well he's not Gale Sayers lol but whenever I've seen him in there he made some nice plays in the screen game.

They also took Mike Sullivan our QB coach to run Gilbride's offense and hired Sheridan out old DC to run their defense AND signed Depalma off our practice squad.