+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

http://www.giants101.com/2013/02/10/...ellus-bennett/

The New York Giants signed tight end Martellus Bennett away from the Dallas Cowboys in a free agency a year ago. The one-year deal proved to the Giants that Bennett was worthy of his contract, and should be worthy of a new contract. Meanwhile, Bennett has made it clear he loves playing for the Giants, and would love to remain one, but in the case that a new deal can't be reached, expect the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to make a run at him.

In a Q&A with Tampa Bay Tribune writer Roy Cummings, a fan asked if the Buccaneers will attempt to lure Bennett to Tampa in free agency.

"I will be a little surprised if the Bucs don't target Bennett, and I can see them going after the cornerbacks you mentioned," the fan wrote.

"Remember, if the Bucs retain DE Michael Bennett – and my guess is they will go after his brother Martellus in the hopes of creating a package deal – they can use Michael Bennett and Daniel Te'o-Nesheim inside," Cummings replied." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano

The team hasn't said squat.

Background noise....

He's going to get a lot of looks for what he did last season. Just hope that majority of the league has their eyes on Jared Cook instead haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
    They must see talent, no?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chaos View Post
    Background noise....
    It's all part of the process. Maybe the Giants don't see Bennett as valuable a contributor as some of us do.

# 80

Waiting for Schiano to post on this thread...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

I saw talent but not enough for a BIG BOY offer. He came off as an above average role player. I'd give him a yes or no offer with no room for negotiation. We have had great success w/o a superstar TE. In this offense, we just need somebody to run the correct route and catch the ball, athletic ability is a bonus.
    Last edited by B&RWarrior; 02-10-2013 at 11:43 AM.

I think Bennett certainly deserves a top 5-10 TE level contract...anyone thinking otherwise is being unreasonable! He came here and produced nice numbers in his first season. The role of the TE is not complex so when he has our system down he will be able to build on his success and I do believe he will crack top 5 TE status in his career and hopefully as a Giant. We need a guy like this on the team, not rookies or journeymen with potential in 3 years or so. He is a great blocker and has decent hands and athletic ability. I highly doubt Adrian Robinson is going to supplant him in 2013 and Beckum won't be here so then what? Another rookie? A below average (unheard of) free-agent? Lets lock down this position. Bennett will play hurt and fight for our cause. I like this dude!

+ Reply to Thread