+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by hungrrrry View Post
    I think Bennett certainly deserves a top 5-10 TE level contract...anyone thinking otherwise is being unreasonable! He came here and produced nice numbers in his first season. The role of the TE is not complex so when he has our system down he will be able to build on his success and I do believe he will crack top 5 TE status in his career and hopefully as a Giant. We need a guy like this on the team, not rookies or journeymen with potential in 3 years or so. He is a great blocker and has decent hands and athletic ability. I highly doubt Adrian Robinson is going to supplant him in 2013 and Beckum won't be here so then what? Another rookie? A below average (unheard of) free-agent? Lets lock down this position. Bennett will play hurt and fight for our cause. I like this dude!
    Bennett is not even close to top 5, not even top 10 honestly, especially considering how we use the TE. We don't need a top 5 TE in this offense. I'd be willing to see what Adrian Robinson had next year and drafting another one to compete. Even if it's a drop off and he has growing pains as he is raw it won't be that bad b/c TE is not the focus of our offense. If Bennett wants market value he can get it somewhere else.

Fans need to understand what it is that we do well, and simply put TE is not wear we butter our bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
    +1 to that, in fact now I would love for us not only to sign Bennett, but bring his brother up here as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    the Bucs lusting for everyone on the Giants is pissing me off.I hope they never let another coach interview there under Schiano
    They picked up Ward and Ware from us wonder how they made out with that.
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Veteran
    Well you can't have em. Nanananananana.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    Ware's actually a pretty nice player for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    They also took Mike Sullivan our QB coach to run Gilbride's offense and hired Sheridan out old DC to run their defense AND signed Depalma off our practice squad.

Veteran
    hopefully we can get a deal done with Will Beatty so we can tag Bennett till we get a long term deal done

Reese should sew up Black Unicorn. There are too many other needs on this team for them to manufacture another one by letting a good TE like Bennett walk.

If anything, Reese should be making a run at Martellus' brother and shore up the LB position.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Veteran
    Can someone tell me who this Writer/GM is again? I've never heard of him! I didn't even know there was a GM in the league that wrote for a newspaper in his spare time!

The article clearly states "Of course, this is all pure speculation at this point."

+ Reply to Thread