+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tampa Bay Buccaners Expected To Pursue Giants' TE Martellus Bennett

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue1971 View Post
    maybe Marty B's "hometown discount" will be the difference for the Giants!

hes needs to be signed to a long term contract by the Giants and stop this story right away!
    Wouldn't it be a kick if the team that makes them both an offer is the team that gets them?
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Bennett didn't produce like a top 5 TE last year. Check the stats again!
    If by stats you mean catches and yards, then no. But if by tight end production you mean ability to block on the line also, I think Bennett had a better year than Olson, Daniels, Myers, Gresham, Miller, and Fred Davis: players who might have had better numbers. Produce was definitely the wrong word there. I think Bennett is an excellent fit in this offense though, and better than most, doing more than a lot of tight ends would do with wide receivers like Cruz and Nicks.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    really you are kidding about him being a nice player for them right heres his stats

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/8524
    Well he's not Gale Sayers lol but whenever I've seen him in there he made some nice plays in the screen game.

Hopefully the Giants can sign him before he hits the market, they won't be able to hang with offers from other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    The site is a joke; a parasite
    Also being reported by Rotoworld:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/...tellus-bennett
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    So there is more than 1 parasite spreading 1 man's opinion as if it's news

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    That's where they leeched it from, that's why I called them a parasite.

Quote Originally Posted by DVision View Post
    So there is more than 1 parasite spreading 1 man's opinion as if it's news
    That's what news is, repetition.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Flip Empty View Post
    That's where they leeched it from, that's why I called them a parasite.
    As is the Daily News, NY Post, and The Record when they regurgitate AP, UP ESPN, etc. They all do it.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Bennett is not even close to top 5, not even top 10 honestly, especially considering how we use the TE. We don't need a top 5 TE in this offense. I'd be willing to see what Adrian Robinson had next year and drafting another one to compete. Even if it's a drop off and he has growing pains as he is raw it won't be that bad b/c TE is not the focus of our offense. If Bennett wants market value he can get it somewhere else.

Fans need to understand what it is that we do well, and simply put TE is not wear we butter our bread.
    And just what is it we do well besides sitting rooks because of a single fumble. Oh yeah. Our preference for developing a good blocking back in lieu of a 1,000 yd rusher. Got it.

+ Reply to Thread