+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's a gamble, but if I were advising Nicks that would be my advice. If Nicks has a knock out first 8 games in 2013, I'd go to Reese and start negotiations on firmer footing than coming off a foot and knee plagued season.
    Are we being unrealistic? I think Cruz wants top 5 money. I also think Nicks will want more than Cruz? Can that really work out? If it does we must accept having a blue collar TE and no superstars on the OL.

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    Are we being unrealistic? I think Cruz wants top 5 money. I also think Nicks will want more than Cruz? Can that really work out? If it does we must accept having a blue collar TE and no superstars on the OL.
    Reese has to be persuasive because he doesn't have access to enough money. He needs to deliver a "fire in the belly" speech and then some. One of them will have to be agreeable to back loading
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

You know, you're trying to sneak around and do some tampering before Free Agency actually begins and the Tampa Tribune has to go and ruin everything. Now I've got like 8 missed phone calls from Roger Goodell, all I hear is "Tampering... blah blah blah... fines.... blah blah blah blah... *Message Deleted*"
    Sincerely,
    Greg Schiano
    Head Coach, Tampa

Damn, I'm really hoping they can bring him back. He was a pleasure to watch this year.

I think we should bring Marty B. back just on his value as a blocker alone.

The guy dropped some passes, but all in all he was a bright spot for us and he played great this past year.

He proved he can be effective if he is the main guy, and he loves being a GIANT.

I hope we bring him back too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post
    I think we should bring Marty B. back just on his value as a blocker alone.

The guy dropped some passes, but all in all he was a bright spot for us and he played great this past year.

He proved he can be effective if he is the main guy, and he loves being a GIANT.

I hope we bring him back too.
    +1
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Schiano View Post
    You know, you're trying to sneak around and do some tampering before Free Agency actually begins and the Tampa Tribune has to go and ruin everything. Now I've got like 8 missed phone calls from Roger Goodell, all I hear is "Tampering... blah blah blah... fines.... blah blah blah blah... *Message Deleted*"
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    It really doesn't matter what Cruz "wants." What matters is what he'll agree to.

# 80

Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It really doesn't matter what Cruz "wants." What matters is what he'll agree to.
    You know how the saying goes... You can tell if a deal is a good when if both parties leave the table a little unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Drez View Post
    You know how the saying goes... You can tell if a deal is a good when if both parties leave the table a little unhappy.
    Well said

# 80