+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 47

Thread: Does Michael Strahan get the

  1. #31
    If anything there is an anti-NY bias.

    Strahan has always been gregarious and outgoing and was always a good interview. That earned him a seat on the Fox pregame, and a short-lived sitcom. He guest-hosted when they kicked out Regis and response was positive.

    I'm not so sure simply being from NY had all that much to do with it.

  2. #32
    Football is huge everywhere. It's actually much bigger in other cities than it is in NY. Being in NY isn't really anything special when it comes to football. Baseball is another story. Being a Yankee can def help your market outside of the game. But the commercials are full of football stars from all over the country. Look at Favre, he played in Wisconsin for God sakes, and he got mor exposure and commercials than any football player that I can remember.

  3. #33
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,443
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Football is huge everywhere. It's actually much bigger in other cities than it is in NY. Being in NY isn't really anything special when it comes to football. Baseball is another story. Being a Yankee can def help your market outside of the game. But the commercials are full of football stars from all over the country. Look at Favre, he played in Wisconsin for God sakes, and he got mor exposure and commercials than any football player that I can remember.
    The discussion is about the NY media market and in that regard there is none bigger or more influential
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    The discussion is about the NY media market and in that regard there is none bigger or more influential
    Oh, I thought the discussion was about wether Cruz would be selling himself short by leaving NY, because of "the big media market" and the answer IMO, is no.

  5. #35
    Ask Peyton Manning how much he has made off the field playing in Indiana. Success and stardom on the field translates to commercials, not the city you play in.

  6. #36
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I don't think an agent can factor in post football options that assume proficiency in another field of interest, especially factoring in how early Cruz is in his career. His media drawing power based on one SB and 1 Pro Bowl is nil. He should be trying to get as much guaranteed money as possible and be willing to play in any town.
    REALLY, I humbly disagree, Cruz is a fan favorite. He already had a book on the best seller list. Do you think he would have had that if he was not expose to the.media of New York??
    Last edited by Dorothy; 02-11-2013 at 05:29 AM.

  7. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
    Ask Peyton Manning how much he has made off the field playing in Indiana. Success and stardom on the field translates to commercials, not the city you play in.
    How many years did it take him to be so famous?? Cruz did it in virtually one year.

  8. #38
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy View Post
    How many years did it take him to be so famous?? Cruz did it in virtually one year.
    It's the Cruz story that fascinates people. True local boy makes good. Those kinds of stories just don't come along all that often. Undrafted no name to household name in a literal flash.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


  9. #39
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    18,166
    Quote Originally Posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    It's the Cruz story that fascinates people. True local boy makes good. Those kinds of stories just don't come along all that often. Undrafted no name to household name in a literal flash.
    In Kansas City, the local boy makes good story line is out the window.
    No one remembers who came in second.

  10. #40
    Moderator RoanokeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    95,443
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    In Kansas City, the local boy makes good story line is out the window.
    Yes, because they are not surrounded by miscreants out there lol
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1


+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts