+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Andre Brown

Veteran
    Andre Brown was a huge surprise last year and love to see he'll be back on the team, but I worry about his health.

The guy has a bad knack of getting injured which is not a good trait for a RB.

Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    I rescind the "nope" comment I made earlier. Figured he'd be on schedule but I'm surprised I haven't heard he was completely recovered yet. I usually know these things.
    Remember he promised to be ready by the Super Bowl, were the Giants to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudyy View Post
    OH MY GOD, DID YOU GUYS KNOW THAT ANDRE BROWN BROKE HIS FIBULA?
    NO I DID NOT, SOMEONE SHOULD MAKE A THREAD ABOUT IT

All-Pro
    I have no doubt we will view those two like we did Bradshaw and Jacobs at one time. Depending on Scott we might have a shot to go back to that 3 headed monster at some point down the road. These guys have the potential assuming they fix Oline to make us forget prior tandems.. Jacobs and AB1 will always have a place in Giants lore and a soft spot in all of our hearts. But it's time for a new era of younger guys ready to take the reins
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

I hope he recovers from his injury the same way Derrick Ward did a couple of years back.

Per Wiki: On December 21, 2008, Ward led the Giants' rushing attack with 215 rushing yards in a 34-28 overtime victory over the Carolina Panthers to clinch homefield advantage throughout the 2009 NFL Playoffs. He finished the season with 1,025 yards, making him and Brandon Jacobs the fifth pair of teammates to rush for 1000 yards in a single season. The strong performance by both running backs is credited to high grade run blocking by the Giants offensive line.

'Course we'll need some of that high-grade run blocking to make it all go.

Bench Player
    Quote Originally Posted by gumby74 View Post
    I think Brown enters the season as #1 imo.
    Not a terrible thing if it allows Wilson to continue to help out in the return game.

When was the last time the Giants had an explosive return man? Meggett? It's time.