+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Percy Harvin- Arguing Points

Harvin is said to be on the block.

For argument's sake...

Cruz is an RFA, would you do a sign and trade for Harvin? would the vikings have to include a pick as well?

Note- Harvin is a UFA after the 13-14 season.

I would personally love to keep Cruz first, and foremost. He is a huge weapon in the slot.

NO.....guy has rarely been healthy since he was drafted.......keeps getting those migraines that keep him out of games.

He would only be a headache
    Bill Loyal to the NYG logo

Harvin was a leading candidate for MVP while he was health having a guy like Christian Ponder throwing to him. He has so many dimensions as a WR, H-back, and on special teams. If he was brought in to replace Cruz, it would not be a bad thing. They are close to the same age too.

Bottom line, he is going to demand possibly more money than Cruz, and is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ibbill View Post
    He would only be a headache
    Ha, I get it.
    Finalized divorce from Victor Michael Walker Cruz November 23rd, 2014. 9:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VBGiantsFan View Post
    Harvin was a leading candidate for MVP while he was health having a guy like Christian Ponder throwing to him. He has so many dimensions as a WR, H-back, and on special teams. If he was brought in to replace Cruz, it would not be a bad thing. They are close to the same age too.

Bottom line, he is going to demand possibly more money than Cruz, and is not worth it.
    really? you think MORE than Cruz? with the injuries?

I love Harvin as a player but he's not the route runner or wide-out Victor Cruz is. Percy is a legit top 3 weapon in the NFL (if not #1) but he's overrated as a receiver. Would the Giants risk using him on P and KR's at the same time as him being a replacement for Cruz? They're likely not doing it with Wilson if he becomes a starter... I'm almost sure they won't with Percy and then they lose even more of his overall value. Also Harvin will have to learn a new and complicated Gilbride offense which we all know takes receivers time to get down.

Harvin is as dynamic a player as there is in the NFL. I just don't see him replacing what Victor does and still maintaining being as dynamic a player....especially when you take into account how I feel the Giants will use him and his overall durability.

Quote Originally Posted by qndarius3 View Post
    really? you think MORE than Cruz? with the injuries?
    [quote=Rotoworld]Citing a league source, Profootballtalk.com reports that Percy Harvin will skip all offseason activities so long as the Vikings haven't upgraded his contract.This is the approach players seeking raises normally take. Per PFT, Harvin plans to sit out OTAs and minicamps as well as training camp if the Vikings don't meet his demands. The obvious alternative to paying Harvin would be for GM Rick Spielman to trade him to a club willing to commit eight figures per year and $30-plus million guaranteed. The financial implications are the main reason we don't expect Minnesota to receive a first-round pick for Harvin via trade. Feb 11 - 2:03 PM] [/quote]

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/5197/percy-harvin
    Last edited by Drez; 02-11-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Comparing him to Cruz

Upside:
    Extremely versatile (play out of the backfield)
    Return Game.
    Better YAC

Downside:
    Injuries. Migraines.
    Not as good a deep threat as he doesn't track the ball well in the air.
    Wants 10m a year (rumored for two years now)
    Has open bickered with two different coaching staffs. Reports say he is a diva WR.
    Will require draft compensation to secure him.

I would say no. He won't fit in this scheme and will cost more than Cruz would.

@BlueBlooded1979: Would the Giants risk using him on returns if he became a full time starter for them replacing Victor Cruz? Taking into account his durability concerns I very much doubt it.