+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Da'Rel Scott

Da'Rel Scott

I was pretty high on him, but he spent his rookie year mothballed (sort of a Giants tradition), and then was crowded out and hurt last season.

I see him becoming a pretty important #3 back.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some action on special teams if Wilson becomes the main or 50/50 guy with Brown. If I recall, he also showed some flash on special teams during his rookie preseason year.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

- Emlen Tunnell

Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I was pretty high on him, but he spent his rookie year mothballed (sort of a Giants tradition), and then was crowded out and hurt last season.

I see him becoming a pretty important #3 back.....and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get some action on special teams if Wilson becomes the main or 50/50 guy with Brown. If I recall, he also showed some flash on special teams during his rookie preseason year.
    Let's hope.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

He was showing to be a solid guy on ST's coverage as well. He had a blocked punt and was being used as a gunner IIRC before he got hurt. I think his value right now is mostly just that...ST's, kick returner...along with speed and RB depth.

He did get some carries in that blowout win against the Carolina panthers.

If Wilson is starting next season (which with Bradshaw's release is more likely now), Scott will probably take his place back to return...

Thank you Reddit for the best gif ever.

We'll see more of him now.

maybe Scott can show his breakaway speed next season! #3 on the depth chart might give him the confidence to solidify his place in the lineup!

Wilson, Brown and Scott can be a nightmare attack for the offense!

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    If Wilson is starting next season (which with Bradshaw's release is more likely now), Scott will probably take his place back to return...
    yup, kickoff returner.. maybe a few carries behing Wilson / Brown

Maybe if he can develop as a receiver out of the backfield, he can see more time as a third down receiver. He actually looked best in protection out of the three last preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    The competition at camp will be interesting between Brown and Wilson
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

# 80

+ Reply to Thread