+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Daily Blitz: Wilson Ready For Whatever The Team Needs

http://blog.giants.com/2013/02/12/da...he-team-needs/

"At this time last year, David Wilson was preparing for the NFL Scouting Combine and the ensuing draft. He would eventually be selected by the Giants with the final pick of the first round, and while there was a learning curve as a rookie, nothing really surprised Wilson. It was just a matter of piecing it together with Eli Manning at the helm.

As he sheds his “rookie” label entering his second season, Giants.com recently caught up with Wilson at the Timex Performance Center.
    “In college, it’s a little bit more simple,” Wilson said. “The playbook is a lot more simple than the NFL playbook, and there are a lot more audibles, especially when you’ve got a quarterback who knows everything that’s going on. Eli, if he sees something wrong, he’s going to change it. So you’ve got to know what he’s talking about.”Before Ahmad Bradshaw was released by the Giants, it was expected that Wilson would receive more touches in 2013. But now that Bradshaw has been released, Wilson is ready for however many carries are put on his plate.

“I can do one, I could do 30,” said Wilson, who was named second-team All-Pro as a kick returner.

“Whatever my job is and whatever the team needs me to do, the whole objective is to get back to the Super Bowl.”
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Good attitude
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

thats why he is here...
    get it done Wilson
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

I think Wilson is going to have a break out season this upcoming season.
    Close or you hit the bricks

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    That would be great

Quote Originally Posted by GameTime View Post
    thats why he is here...
    get it done Wilson
    That was offensive

as opposed to defensive

Quote Originally Posted by sharick88 View Post
    Not really going out on a limb there... He HAS to have a breakout season now being the #1 RB.

5trive for Fiv5

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAnalyst View Post
    Not really going out on a limb there... He HAS to have a breakout season now being the #1 RB.
    Well i can counter that by saying he could be a bust like Hillis and look completely lost after a great year. Knocking on wood that won't happen but yes i think he is in for a break out year.

I think that Wilson has the right attitude towards approachign this, but the team could go meet him halfway and draft some beefy OL so that he doesn't have to block every passing down, instead we can put him out in space and let him do his thing that way...

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    We need a tight end,
    repeat, again and again
    ToadofSteel's mantra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadofsteel View Post
    I think that Wilson has the right attitude towards approachign this, but the team could go meet him halfway and draft some beefy OL so that he doesn't have to block every passing down, instead we can put him out in space and let him do his thing that way...
    If we don't improve the right side of the line (assuming we keep the left side) we are not going to see a lot more production I'm afraid.