+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Safe To Say Jacquian Williams Is The Best LB Ever...

  1. #11
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by titwio View Post
    haha...I think we can all agree it might be time for Reese to change his tune.
    Yeah, enough with the dumpster-diving for LBs....it's really starting to show.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  2. #12
    All-Pro B&RWarrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    7,908
    I think a DT is more important than a LB for our team. The most efficient way to improve our pass rush and our run defense is by upgrading the DT position.

  3. #13
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I think a DT is more important than a LB for our team. The most efficient way to improve our pass rush and our run defense is by upgrading the DT position.
    I think the Giants defense last year was a very good reflection of the linebacker position. TE's like Jason Witten totally abused the middle of the field.....running backs churned out yards by the truckload.

    I blame alot of it on Fewell's Lovie Smith's Tampa 2 defense.....the difference is that Lovie has Lance Briggs and Urlacher, and we don't.

    So, the front office shold either get the linebackers to play the Tampa 2 effectively, or else the coaching staff should design a scheme that is tailored to Reese's mediocre linebackers. Maybe they should huddle up on that in the offseason.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-10-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  4. #14
    Bench Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    43
    We've shown we can win without good linebackers, but that list is truly depressing to say the least.

    What ever happened to Dillard? Had such high hopes for the young man... Nebraska right?

    With that said, if Te'o or Ogletree are available at 19, who here really believes Reese pulls the trigger? I sure don't.

  5. #15
    All-Pro joemorrisforprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    11,564
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosynciere View Post
    We've shown we can win without good linebackers, but that list is truly depressing to say the least.

    What ever happened to Dillard? Had such high hopes for the young man... Nebraska right?

    With that said, if Te'o or Ogletree are available at 19, who here really believes Reese pulls the trigger? I sure don't.
    I'm going to argue the opposite......that when we get good production out of our linebackers, the defense takes a huge step up.

    Examples:

    2007: Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell both were very productive.Torbor was good, and Kiwi also played well until he got injured.
    .
    2011: Chase Blackburn was signed in time to take stabilize the LB position. JWill started to come on. Boley had a career year.


    I've been beating this drum for years.....a playmaking LB would turn this defense into a potentially dominating unit. But right now, there isn't a single LB on the team that any opposing offensive coordinator needs to worry about. Which is why they are free to double and triple up guys like JPP.
    Last edited by joemorrisforprez; 02-10-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    “Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches and the players in other little groups, but winners assemble as a team,”

    - Emlen Tunnell

  6. #16
    All-Pro titwio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bronx NYC
    Posts
    9,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Sosynciere View Post
    We've shown we can win without good linebackers, but that list is truly depressing to say the least.

    What ever happened to Dillard? Had such high hopes for the young man... Nebraska right?

    With that said, if Te'o or Ogletree are available at 19, who here really believes Reese pulls the trigger? I sure don't.
    LB's are becoming more important with the way the league and especially the NFC East is shaping. With the pistol offense in Washington, to what the Eagles will be doing with Chip Kelly. LB's are becoming more of a necessity and I don't see the Giants getting by on drafting that level of talent anymore (IMO).

    I definitely think Ogletree is a possibility for the Giants. Reese has shown and spoken up before on how much they value big and freakish talent. Solder, JPP etc...were guys with just raw ability that were high on the Giants board because of their make-up. Ogletree at the LB position is similar. He's going to be one of the most watched guys at the combine this year because of his freakish ability and speed. All things the Giants could look to add especially considering the way the league is shifting with big TE's and mobile QB's.

  7. #17
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,929
    Low praise indeed! lol
    No one remembers who came in second.

  8. #18
    Veteran Rusty192's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Chad
    Posts
    3,890
    Quote Originally Posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
    I'm going to argue the opposite......that when we get good production out of our linebackers, the defense takes a huge step up.

    Examples:

    2007: Antonio Pierce and Kawika Mitchell both were very productive.Torbor was good, and Kiwi also played well until he got injured.
    .
    2011: Chase Blackburn was signed in time to take stabilize the LB position. JWill started to come on. Boley had a career year.


    I've been beating this drum for years.....a playmaking LB would turn this defense into a potentially dominating unit. But right now, there isn't a single LB on the team that any opposing offensive coordinator needs to worry about. Which is why they are free to double and triple up guys like JPP.
    Great points Joe. I was pissed when Dallas snagged Sean Lee in the 2nd round 9 picks after us. But we did get Linval Joseph so its not like that round was wasted by any stretch.

  9. #19
    Starter blueribbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    long island
    Posts
    425
    We have fast LB'S we just don't blitz them.

  10. #20
    All-Pro jomo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    19,929
    Quote Originally Posted by blueribbon View Post
    We have fast LB'S we just don't blitz them.
    That's because we can get enough pressure from our DL alone..................oh wait.
    No one remembers who came in second.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts