Closed Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMI Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robiskie

1 week away and the GMEN SWAMI Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robiskie

I say package up a deal to trade Smith a #2 and 5 for Braylon. Thats right Steve Smith. I would rather keep Hixon who is more valuable than Steve Smith due too him being a Pro Bowl type return man. The truth is guys we are wasting him by playing WR every down. He needs to return punts and kickoffs and be on special teams as well as a third down receiver as well as coming in on 3 or 4 side packages. He is the best in the league right now on returning kicks and we are wasting him every down at WR. Besides this gives Moss some reps. I say if Cleveland wants Smith so be it as we need to trade someone good to get a #1 receiver.
    After spending some time looking at all the WR in this draft and where the Giants pick at #1 and there 2 #2 picks they can end up drafting Kenny Britt at 29 and Robinskie with their other second round pick. These guys clearer are #1 and #2 type big time receivers in the making. Check out the Daily news article today on Kenny Britt. The dude can play.

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
    Moss
    Mannigham
    Robiskie
    Britt http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...t_mister_.html
    Hixon- Special Teams and WR

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]I say package up a deal to trade Smith a #2 and 5 for Braylon. Thats right Steve Smith. I would rather keep Hixon who is more valuable than Steve Smith due too him being a Pro Bowl type return man. The truth is guys we are wasting him by playing WR every down. He needs to return punts and kickoffs and be on special teams as well as a third down receiver as well as coming in on 3 or 4 side packages. He is the best in the league right now on returning kicks and we are wasting him every down at WR. Besides this gives Moss some reps. I say if Cleveland wants Smith so be it as we need to trade soemone good to get a #1 receiver.
    After spending some time looking at all the WR in this draft and where the Giants pick at #1 and there 2 #2 picks they can end up drafting Kenny Britt at 29 and Robinskie with their other second round pick. These guys clearer are #1 and #2 type big time receivers in the making.

Thoughts ?

Braylon Edwards
    Moss
    Mannigham
    Robinskie
    Britt
    Hixon- Special Teams and WR
    [/quote]

sorry couldnt get passed the trade Smith part of your post......

thats just stupid.......

and Hixon more valuable than Smith......?

with all due respect friend.........I think you have to rethink some things......

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

Yep, me too. Stopped reading at the words "trade Smith".
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.

Veteran

Trade Smith are you on drugs. He's our best 3rd down guy and you want him gone? Hixon was ok at best filling in for Plax but he's not the long term answer.

Veteran

Whos the Gmen Swamii?

Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing we have a number of #2 receivers already on the team ???

I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need.

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.
    [/quote]

Ill say it again.....I stopped reading at trade Smith.......

why does everyone think a WR is a WR is a WR?

yes Hixon can run back kicks...so can Bradshaw...is he now more valuable than BJ?
    so can Ross is he more valuable than Webster?

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Smith for Edwards makes no sense........apples and oranges........
    dont get me wrong I dont want to lose Hixon either .....

I would part with Kiwi before any reciever

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    [/quote]

The old "you don't know anything about football if you don't agree with me" arguement. Brilliant!!

Luckily, it would seem our GM feels the same way. Guess he doesn't know very much about football either.

Moron.

And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, **** waffles.......G Carlin

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing we have a number of #2 receivers already on the team ???

I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need.
    [/quote]

Cleveland would have to be as moronic as you to trade straight up for Smith. You're posts are getting worse.

I'll say it again........moron.

Closed Thread