Closed Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

[quote user="YATittle1962"][quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.
    [/quote]

Ill say it again.....I stopped reading at trade Smith.......

why does everyone think a WR is a WR is a WR?

yes Hixon can run back kicks...so can Bradshaw...is he now more valuable than BJ?
    so can Ross is he more valuable than Webster?

I dont think YOU understand football friend.....Smith will be as good a possession guy as any above average guy in the league who makes his money in the middle of the field..

Smith for Edwards makes no sense........apples and oranges........
    dont get me wrong I dont want to lose Hixon either .....

I would part with Kiwi before any reciever

[/quote]

Veteran

Re: 1 week away and the GMEN SWAMEE Says trade for Braylon and draft Britt and Robinskie

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Please answer this Question ? If you had to trade Smith to get Braylon Edwards straight up would you do it knowing he is a #1 receiver and we need a true #1 receiver knowing* we have a number of* #2 receivers already on the team ???

I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need.
    [/quote]Straight up I'd trade Smith for Edwards anytime. I like Smith but.....

All-Pro

Hixon is more valuable than Smith in the Special Teams game. But for some reason we dont use Hixon as a returner like we should. Smith is a much more polished WR than Hixon and is key on 3rd downs. Not trading Smith. Braylon could be had for 2nd and a 5th. Its just about being patient.

[quote user="TuckYou"]Hixon is more valuable than Smith in the Special Teams game. But for some reason we dont use Hixon as a returner like we should. Smith is a much more polished WR than Hixon and is key on 3rd downs. Not trading Smith. Braylon could be had for 2nd and a 5th. Its just about being patient.[/quote]

"For some reason"? Starting #1's (even if they are filling in for a guy who shot himself) don't return kicks.

All-Pro

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Read this and understand one thing you need to trade something someone wants to get something we need. You do not think Hixon is more valuable on special teams then you really do not watch Giant games or understand football. Hixon is better than Smith for all the reasons I stated. Hixon is better than Smith. There are many #2 players like Smith you can develop but there are very few special team players liuke Hixon who are so versitale.
    I will say it again you have to trade something someone wants to get something we need. Read thata 100o times and maybe you will get it.
    [/quote]

Of coarse its something for something common sense right. I don't want to see smith or hixon goanywhere to valuable to the team. imo I just don't see the Giants putting all their eggs in one basket BE would be nice but giving up S or H would be stupid. imho

Your football comprehension is very limited. Do not worry I will stop trying to converse with you as I realize it is hard for you to understand logic. The last part of you reply mentioning to trade Kiwi instead of Smith says it all. Let me see a #2 receiver is more important than a pass rusher who can play the D-line and LB ? Let me see offense and a #2 possession receiver is more important than defense and is going to win you SuperBowls? I am done with you as you are lost. Sorry I really think you need to look at the history books and rethink your statements. Thanks for allowing me to understand where your head is at.

[quote user="oldschoolGMEN"]Your football comprehension is very limited. Do not worry I will stop trying to converse with you as I realize it is hard for you to understand logic. The last part of you reply mentioning to trade Kiwi instead of Smith says it all. Let me see a #2 receiver is more important than a pass rusher who can play the D-line and LB ? Let me see offense and a #2 possession receiver is more important than defense and is going to win you SuperBowls? I am done with you as you are lost. Sorry I really think you need to look at the history books and rethink your statements. Thanks for allowing me to understand where your head is at.
    [/quote]

Another stunningly moronic post. You've outdone yourself today, my disadvantaged friend. I don't know if it's bravery or stupidity that would make someone start a battle of wits while completely unarmed.

I was trying to make a point to another guy. you did not follow the posts. My original post stands to trade Smith a 2 and 5 for Edwards. One guy would not make that trade and that is moronic. He basically was saying that it is not worth trading Smith to get Edwards since theh #2 and #5 picks are only trading potential players who have no real value yet as they have not played a single down in teh NFL yet. That is why Cleveland wants someone of value now plus two picks who have potential. Cleveland will not make the trade unless they get someone who has NFL value. You are right Cleveland is not stupid and they want to egt something to give up something. The only way we could trade for Edwards without giving up players if we gave Cleveland a #1, #2 and #3 or #1, 2 of or #2's . you have to give up soemthing to get soemthing.

trade a guy who catches every thing throwen to him and is a clutch reciever .for a guywho can't catch when he is open lead the league in drops. is not a clutch reciever .. just settight and draft brit or who ever falls to us. nicks or berden in the 2nd or the 3rd

Veteran

GMEN SWAMEE should take his turbin and hang himself with it